7 Replies Latest reply: Oct 1, 2015 6:51 AM by jasper100 RSS

Bed Bugs in Kauai

californian Platinum 37 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Just stayed at the Kauai Beach Club and was getting bitten by bugs.  Every night, they started itching which kept me awake.  After getting home, I started looking at pictures and determined that I had Bed Bug bites.  Now I hope that I don't have scars when they finish healing.  Reading about them, they can be found at the best of hotels.  Now I need to make sure that I didn't bring them home.  I did keep my suitcase on the luggage rack which articles say to do.  I didn't keep it shut which I should have done.  I still need to contact management to let them know.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Bed Bugs in Kauai
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

That is most unfortunate.  Hope you heal up fine and yes you do need to contact the hotel and let them know.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

deannad Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

californian, So sorry to hear of this experience. If you'd like, we can have our team reach out to the hotel and to you to discuss, but we understand if you'd like to contact the hotel management directly. Either way, please let us know if you'd like us to step in to assist. You can always send me or any of the other moderators a private message with your rewards number and dates of stay. Thanks, and feel better.

I have a call into the hotel GM.  So far waiting for a reply.  Will report success.  I would hope that they would want to know to prevent someone else getting bitten too.

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

Ouch...that's unfortunate!  So far I've been very lucky and have not encountered bed bugs anywhere in my travels.  Let us know how you come out with the hotel's GM.

This was my first experience with these bed bugs.  They feed at night and keep feeding at the same place and then move close by.  The itch is close to unbearable and as I would get it under control during the day, the itching would start after I would turn in for the night and keep me awake.  They are healing now that I am home but most likely I will have scars.  OF course, I must worry if I brought them home.  So far, no new nibbles but they may be looking for me and just haven't found me yet.

OK.  I will take your help.  They would not put me through and no one called me back.  I had other issues with my room.  There was water leakage and evidence of it on the ceiling and wall.  The carpet was wet off and on.  There was a bad odor from this too.  I wanted to tell them directly rather than post but like I said no one called me back.  I will leave a direct message.

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

Hey, you need to go somewhere safe like South Africa!!!!! And don't let the bed bugs bite in the future!!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...