6 Replies Latest reply: Oct 12, 2015 1:59 PM by jaez1018 RSS

JW Marriott Seoul - Worst managed hotel

jaez1018 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

My frustration and anger are still lingering after I talked to Marriott customer's service.  I think the public has to be aware of how this hotel is poorly managed.  I'm usually not a person to complaint and try not to give people in service business any hard time, but something has to be done here.

Recently checked out on 9/29/15.

This time my family had to experience how poorly this hotel is managed.

My sister got bug bites on her neck and has rashes all over her neck.  When she told this to the front desk lady during her check out, she wasn't given an apologize but asked if that was the only place that she got bitten. As she was implying, "Is that it??" Bathrobe was so nasty and had to be replaced. She found pubic hair on her bathtub. The service at the Cafe on 2nd floor was horrible, not to mention the food quality was even worst. 

The list goes on...during my stay a few months ago, I missed my business meeting because they couldn't find my suit, and had me wait for hours to find out that they weren't even cleaned.  The staffs apologized but asked not to post any negative comments on the hotel homepage. I don't think I can let this one slide by. 

One of my close coworkers found a used condom next to bed one time and never once came back to this hotel.  I didn't think it was no big deal when I heard the story but the horrible experiences keep happening.

JW Marriott is supposed to be a luxury hotel. There is nothing luxury about this hotel.

As a loyal Marriott member and a long time guest to this particular hotel, I'm so disappointed at this hotel and how poorly managed nowadays.  I'm so pissed off that I'm actually wasting my time right now to write a review on this horrible experience.

I've had enough of this BS service.  I will NOT recommend to anyone else, I will NOT stay at this hotel any more, and move to Ritz Carlton down the street.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Seoul, South Korea JW Marriott JW Marriott Hotel Seoul
  • Re: JW Marriott Seoul - Worst managed hotel
    ramoneur Platinum

...this sounds horrible;

I have seen some shady hotels and less-than-better service;

but this is downright scary

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi jaez1018,

First of all, welcome to Marriott Rewards Insiders. I'm really glad you've joined our community of travelers here. Please know that carat, deannad, and myself make up the moderation team for this forum, and are here if you have have any concerns or questions.

Second of all, I'm very sorry to hear about this experience you had. If you'd like, shoot me a private message with your Rewards number, contact information and reservation information, and I can have a member of our team reach out to you directly with support.

jaez1018 Platinum

Hi Lindseyh,

For some reason, I couldn't send out a direct message to you.

Thanks for reaching out, but wasn't looking for anything in return. 

Just wanted things to get better at this hotel.  I've been a long time guest. I'd love staying at this hotel because of the convenience, gym, and others. But I've had to deal with so much **** recently and it really is frustrating.  Every time, people apologize but nothing is changing, wasn't sure what to do.  Guess just have to find a new hotel...

Thanks for the message

BTW, I used to go up to Portland a lot.

keglerbill Platinum 1 Reviews

Sorry you had a bad experience.

I have stayed at the JW Marriott at least a dozen times, and have had nothing but outstanding service. Never a single issue. They also have one of the best CLs in the entire Marriott chain.

Just to make sure -- which JW in Seoul did you stay at? The one in Gangnam -- or the more recent one in Dong Dae Mun?

I never pass up an opportunity to stay at the JW in Gangnam. Have not yet stayed at the JW Dong Dae Mun.

jt15550 Platinum

Wow.  I've got a trip to the RoK pending for December, I think you made my decision for me.  Plus - right now if you stay three or more nights at the Ritz Carlton in Seoul, the third night is free.  Actually makes the Ritz the least expensive of the available options.

jaez1018 Platinum

In fact, I just stayed at Ritz and had a VERY pleasant experience.  I highly recommend you to stay at Ritz.  The hotel's a bit older but the staffs were well trained and VERY attention to details!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...