14 Replies Latest reply: Oct 15, 2015 3:37 PM by ramoneur RSS

search "platinum china" gives "Unauthorized"

ramoneur Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

strange thing:

whenever I search the discussion boards "for "platinum china" my search result is:

Unauthorized  

Access to this place or content is restricted. If you think this is a mistake, please contact your administrator or the person who directed you here. 

Are there more word-combinations that give this result?

Are there more people out there who can reproduce this strange situation?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: search "platinum china" gives "Unauthorized"
    lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi ramoneur! Are you searching for a particular thread or blog post when typing those search words in? If you're looking for something in particular, let me know and I can investigate for you. I've been playing around with the search bar and have not been able to recreate the error message. I'd be curious to hear if any other Insiders, who are not moderators, are running into this same issue.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

ramoneur Platinum

not looking for specific thread;

just for any thread with "china"  and "platinum";

this combination of search terms still gives the "unauthorized"-result

maybe a weird result of Shina's digital firewall;

or maybe one of the search results links inadvertently to a hidden moderation subforum or topic?

deannad Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

That does seem odd. We will check with our team on this and report back ramoneur, Thanks for providing more detail!

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

II've just tried the same phrase. Same result as you ramoneur, "unauthorised". Gold China brings up pages, but platinum China remains unauthorised!

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Good Morning, ramoneur! While our team is still looking into this, we wonder if it may be helpful to search "china platinum" instead of "platinum china." Not sure if this would solve the issue, but perhaps a simple change may work.  Let us know. We will keep you posted on what our team has to say.

ramoneur Platinum

other way around gives same result

maybe this has something to do with the correct question to the answer "42"?

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

You may be on to something there!!

ramoneur Platinum

deannad Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi ramoneur & brightlybob,

Our team has informed us that the issue has been resolved and the term "platinum China" is now searchable for all users. Please let us know if you are still having issues with this search, or any other combination of words.

Thank you for posting about the issue, we are always willing to relay issues such as this to our IT team!

ramoneur Platinum

hi;

it is indeed resolved

(funny thing is, the specific search "platinum china" has this topic as first result; we may have caused a dangerous causality loop here...)

just out of personal curiosity, can I please be informed what was wrong c.q. what caused it?

I like ICT, databases, information processing, SQL querying (;-)), etc., and I would like to know which one of my theories about possible cause was correct;

hint/explanation can also be sent as a pm if needed ;-)

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi ramoneur, we were informed that there was a bug in the system that caused this to occur. Hope that helps answer your question!

ramoneur Platinum

..mkay;

very Chinese way of telling me "no we cannot give more information";

I now imagine it was something like this (which is scary):

systembug.JPG

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

Thanks very much for that. These little bugs at least make me realise we are still one step ahead of the artificial intelligence... I may not be more intelligent than a 10 year old, but I'm brainier than Windows!

ramoneur Platinum

I am not a windows-fanboy,

(started with 3.11 for workgroups),

but it is amazing what Windows did for the market

btw (for all those who do not know; and I suspect bob to be one of those people who DO know ;-))

real bugs were real problems;

they were real bugs in machine;

the first computers, in the 50s, were the size of a house, with the calculating power of an 70s casio calculator;

constructed out of millions of semiconducting vacuum tubes,

where real bugs were, well, real buggers

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...