17 Replies Latest reply: Nov 24, 2015 9:05 AM by carat RSS

15 elite nights awarded to executive level vacation club owners?

liam525 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

My wife and I attended a meeting of owners this summer at a vacation club resort. The vacation club advisor told all of us that effective Sept 1, 2015 all owners at executive level or higher would receive an additional benefit of 15 elite nights added to their Marriott rewards accounts. This is in addition to the 15 elite nights credit card holders receive at card anniversary.  Is this really true?  I called Marriott and they said they were unaware of such a program. The vacation advisor told us it was a brand new benefit and not everyone was familiar with it. I have not read any literature regarding this and I'm hoping this fellow was correct, but I have my concerns!.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: 15 elite nights awarded to executive level vacation club owners?
    rinny54 Platinum 1 Reviews

I was just at Frenchman's Cove in St. Thomas & went to a sales presentation & there was no mention of this. I was there 9/6-13/15. We were even talking about increasing MR status with a higher level MVC ownership.  It would be nice.  I hope someone can clarify this. Thanks for posting!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

superchief1 Platinum

I have owned MVC for many years and am currently at Chairman level. I am not aware of any elite night credits just for being an executive level owner. However, all MR members receive elite night credits for every night they stay at a MVC property (owned weeks, rented weeks, VC Points, Interval trade) as long as they provide their MR number at check-in. The vacation advisor may have been referring to this benefit. I typically earn about 20 elite nights per year at MVC resorts, and could earn about 40 if I used all of my weeks and points each year. 

whatalife! Platinum

My wife and I are on a 6 week tour of Europe and the mediterranean.

Hage stayed in high end Marriotts and Ritz Carltons, in Paris,

London, Amsterdam, Munich, Vienna, Rome and nobody has heard

of the Chairmans Club at checkin, not even upper management!

Does anybody know clearly what the benefits are other than

bragging rights, which I'm not sure if this is something I

want to brag about until I know what the benefits are?

I own 33,000 VC points, plus have earned millions of Marriott credit card

rewards points and don't see any advantage from gold

on to Platinum Premare Elite, to Chairmans Club?

I'm starting to feel like I've been had.

pointjunkie Gold 2 Reviews

Whatalife, it appears you are confusing/combining two separate programs.

Marriott Rewards points  - Gold Elite status is about how many nights stayed per year at a Marriott location.

This includes a timeshare location.

Chairman's Club level - is strictly your Destination points status with MVCI.
        This gives you greater flexibility with respect to using/booking vacations with these points.

clebert Platinum 21 Reviews

I haven't heard of it, but I'm also not sure what level MVC owner I am.  The website says new MVC owners can received 250,000 MR points with a purchase of 3500 points or more, but that doesn't apply to those of us who already own.

clebert Platinum 21 Reviews

https://www.my-vacationclub.com/en-us/owners/ownershiplevels/pdfs/orl_benefits.pdf

Nothing on the website about this benefit, but maybe it's too new for the MVC website or part of a limited promotion?

Platinum 28 Reviews

Have never seen a promotion awarding anything from MVI that applies to properties already owned. 

Perks offered are almost exclusively awarded to new purchases and referrals.

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Good Morning, liam525lindseyh has reached out to our team looking for clarification around this and was able to find out the following:

"Credit Card holders do earn 15 elite nights each year for having the Premier Card.  They post on the anniversary of a member's sign up date. If any points have posted to a member's account for a timeshare meeting, they can view them on www.marriott.com in their account activity.  They would want to switch the activity type to "bonus activity"  If they cannot confirm their points have posted, they'll want to contact Marriott Vacation Club, regarding missing points from timeshare visits.  That phone number is 1 800 845 4226."

Hopefully this helps clarify!! Please let us know if you have any additional questions. 

liam525 Platinum

I am aware of "bonus activity" for timeshare meetings.  However, in this meeting we were told that if we were executive level or higher we would receive 15 additional elite nights every year, in addition to those received from the premier card. I questioned the vacation advisor on this and he confirmed that I was hearing him clearly as this was a new benefit for vacation club point owners.  It sounded too good to be true, but he insisted he was correct. I think "mis-informed" is more accurate?

moonflower Platinum 13 Reviews

10 nights if yours is a MasterCard in the UK but still very welcome.

riverchik Platinum

Hi carat,

I'm not sure how to interpret your message above. I have a MR Premier Credit Card and it doesn't say anything about getting 15 elite nights, however it says you earn 15 credits toward Elite status. Is that what you meant?

15 credits
      toward Elite status every year after account anniversary
      Earn 1 Elite credit for every $3,000 spent on purchases

fschumpert Platinum 22 Reviews

If I understand your question properly, perhaps this will help.

According to my earlier search on the MVC site ("Benefits at a Glance"), there are 5 categories of benefits:

Owner - less than 4,000 VC points

Select - 4,000-6,999 VC points

Executive - 7,000 - 9,999 VC points

Presidential - 10,000 - 14,999  VC points

Chairman's Club - 15,000 VC points

Under each of these ownership categories there are a variety of benefits (reservations window, owner discounts, extended banking deadline...etc.)

However, since we're not members of the higher categories of ownership, we've never heard of any other special offers, other than those listed in this part of the MVC site. You might want to check this out.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...