1 Reply Latest reply: Sep 22, 2015 10:58 AM by carat RSS

Marriott New Look...Dislike Business Traveler?

golfslicer39 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Hi,

I am a Platinum member and have been a loyal Marriott customer for years. I have enjoyed great experiences and Marriott has regularly produced a great product with great service.  Last night, I read Bill Marriott's blog about honesty and a manager meeting that he chaired.  He goes to great length to promote an idea of standing up and sharing your thoughts.  In that blog, he mentions how he killed an idea based on negative feedback from a junior manager.  That is awesome to have that kind of environment...then somebody needs to share that the new room updates are TERRIBLE for the business traveler...complete waste of update money!

I have had the chance to stay in a few of the newer designed rooms (Marriotts and Marriott Marquis) and I am blown away at how poorly the rooms are designed for the business traveler.  Here are the new things that I feel are a complete MISS:

-The small workspace-Gone are the big desks!  I am writing this email on a small table that is 30 inches off the floor (real treat for a 6'4" frame).

-This small round table  (36 inches across) is a horrible work surface for email/paperwork.  

-On plug that now caused a tripping hazard with the computer cord (assuming it is long enough)

-What about a plug for my phone...doesn't exist

-NO WORKLIGHT!!!  Wow...

-They moved the wardrobe across the room-furthest from the bathroom

-The ironing board is there...but no plug in the area...so you have to drag the thing across the room every time you need it.

-No rug...wooden floors

-No phone on the little table

-Tiny chair

The bathroom remodel was nice...so it is not all bad.

I completely understand and agree with the need to update and keep things fresh.  However, I have trusted Marriott to cater or at least satisfy the needs of the business traveler.  The new look rooms are a miss...shouldn't somebody mention that to Mr Bill Marriott?

Has anyone else seen the newer rooms?

Thanks!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott New Look...Dislike Business Traveler?
    carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver
    Currently Being Moderated

Great insight here, golfslicer39!!  Sounds like you've done your fair share of business travel, so I can totally agree with where you are coming from. I'm sure you'll have more members chime in, agreeing with you!

I'd also like to Welcome you to the Insiders Community!! As you may have already seen, this is a great place to share your travel experiences and recommendations.  Its also a great place to see what other travelers, like yourself, have to say.  I'm carat, and am one of the moderators here along with deannad and lindseyh.  If you ever have any questions or comments, please feel free to reach out to any of us. 

I've included our Getting Started Guide, just in case you'd like to take a look.

Getting Started Guide

Looking forward to hearing more from you!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...