10 Replies Latest reply: Oct 6, 2015 12:11 PM by carat RSS

Executive Lounge Access with Lifetime Platinum

carroyo9 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Hi all,

I'm very near to achieve lifetime platinum ... is there any agreement with any executive lounge at main airports?

Thanks, regards

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Executive Lounge Access with Lifetime Platinum
    carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Great question, carroyo9!! I am unsure of the answer, so I'd like to reach out to our team to see if they can provide us with some information. 

I'd also like to welcome you to the Insiders Community!  I'm carat and I am one of the moderators here, along with lindseyh and deannad. As you may have already seen, this is a great spot to talk about all things Marriott.  It's also a great forum to share your travel experiences and recommendations as well as hear what other members have to say.  If you ever have any questions or comments, please feel free to reach out to any of us.  We're here to help!

Looking forward to hearing more from you!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

gentilkiwi Platinum

What a great idea !

Marriott should consider reward more lifetime members.

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

Hi carroyo9 and welcome to Marriott Insiders!  As a Platinum Member (Lifetime or not) you are entitled to hotel lounge access at full service Marriott properties but not any airport lounges.   There are however several credit card options that would entitle you to airport lounge access.  My personal recommendation would be the Ritz Carlton Rewards Card which comes with a free membership to the Lounge Club( http://www.loungeclub.com ) in addition to earning Marriott Rewards Points for purchases, 3 annual upgrade certificates to Ritz Club Level, and 10% annual bonus earnings on Marriott Rewards Points earned from purchases.  The annual $395 fee is easily offset by $300 annual airline credits and $100 hotel credit at Ritz properties. 

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

The more I see complaints about Marriotts lack of extra benefits on the lifetime scheme, the more I feel this is a demonstration of the maxim, "let no good deed go unpunished!"

Make no mistake, I love a good kvetch, the end of EEOs, overcrowded lounges, devaluation of points, the unequal UA deal, lack of free beer in US lounges, no lounge access at resorts, lack of benefits at Courtyards, devaluation of welcome amenity, the "no blackout rule" that isn't really, devaluation of points, switching Edition to RC tiers, no free breakfast at resorts, no lounge access at RC, devaluation of points. Yup lots to kvetch about. Then there's ideas for improvements such as giving Marriott Plats UA Gold and Marriott Gold UA silver, reward flashsales, introducing premium room redemptions, introducing free lounge access at resorts and RC, free parking for elites, exempting elites from resort fees, annual renewal points or certs on requalifying, and now free airport lounge access for elites. But these are complaints about and ideas to improve elite status. Lifetime is NOT a status.

So I'm really not with this thread at all. Lifetime Platinum is lifetime PLATINUM. Its not a seperate membership status, it's platinum that doesn't require renewing. THe idea of lifetime is that you don't have to requalify each year, Marriott provides us with the benefit of the status for our lifetime in appreciation of our years of loyalty. That's what it is. That's all it is!

This is (yet another) thread that fails to appreciate that point...

Platinum 28 Reviews

brightlybob

What a coincidence!   7:45AM Pacific Daylight Time I am in front of my "telly" watching a National Football Game a few hundred miles South of Manchester.

During a commercial I lean over and read the post of yours above and had to drop the line that your opinion is 100% RIGHT ON!

Half of your Sunday is gone, but enjoy the balance my friend.

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

Bob I agree with you . I achieved Lifetime about three years ago( just in the nick of time as my travel had slowed  down) . Like others I do at times complain about reduction in benefits in general but to me lifetime is a great benefit that I am happy to enjoy. We must all remember that Marriott is in the business of making a profit and can't  give everyone everything

john_thai Platinum 8 Reviews

I could see Marriott sending out an e-mail or something making a big deal of a member reaching LP (Wow!, Congratulations!) just as a PR move. But after that, yeah it's nothing more than Platinum that you no longer have to earn each year. For those who got their status through work and are thinking about retirement, Lifetime is a significant benefit in and of itself.

Curious about the numbers if Marriott is watching. How many LPs are there? How many PPs?

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

TThanks, misterchk, jerryl and @john_thai (I can't link you specifically John, because the insides link doesn't search for names with an underscore).

I'm certainly surprised Marriott doesn't mark the acheivement of Lifetime Platinum with some email congratutulating on the award, it seems to be a marketing/feel good opportunity missed.

And here at least in Europe lifetime Gold/Plat is a real big benefit, we Europeans just dont travel around the continent in nearly the same numbers as you Americans and the lack of premium credit cards (or indeed outside UK any credit card) makes those 75 nights a year almost impossible to achieve. I've actually only managed it twice in my 10 year membership, and both years were extraordinary travels coupled with vacationing at Marriotts too. As my speciality dies out, so does my travel, and once I return to "proper" practice in a few years, my business travel will all but cease completely. In reality on a year by year basis I struggle to make the numbers for Gold and I've only managed to retain Gold/Plat consistently over the years by use of rollovers, challenges, soft landings and renewal concessions.

This year I'll struggle to stay 40 paid nights, but as lifetime Gold, I'm no longer concerned...

Platinum 28 Reviews

brightlybob

Your last sentence (above) "This year I'll struggle to stay 40 paid nights, but as lifetime Gold, I'm no longer concerned." ,  states the definitive (and most important benefit of "lifetime status" )- "NO LONGER CONCERNED" (RENEWAL).

I am satisfied with that benefit of the status!

HAVE A GOOD WEEK

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Hello again, carroyo9. Our team has gotten back to us and let us know the follow:

We do not have any sort of Elite benefits that offer airport lounge access.  However, we do offer rewards that the member can order with their points to gain lounge access to over 600 airport VIP lounges worldwide.  They can find information about these rewards online at the following link:

http://www.marriott.com/rewards/usepoints/moretrvlserv.mi

Please let me know if you have any additional questions! 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...