2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 9, 2009 12:34 PM by anadyr RSS

Frequent flier tax in the UK?

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Lord Turner, the British Climate Change expert has proposed a tax on the most frequent fliers!  When will this end?  Here is the article.

• Re: Frequent flier tax in the UK?
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Stepping,

There will be no end to this!

We soon will look back to now and think of "The good ol' days", when traveling was fun!

People will never really know what fun it was 25+ years ago, when the Marriott program started, and you had airlines like TWA, Braniff, etc!

Thats why I am doing so much traveling today, who knows if/when certain places will not be available.  If you have tried to go to the US Capital, and other places in DC you know what I mean.

Thanks for sharing the news with us!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Frequent flier tax in the UK?
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

A former Pan Am pilot was telling me that Juan Trippe in the early days "created" the Intercontinental brand of hotels so that passengers would have places to stay at stopover points on the Clipper routes!  If you've been to one of the European hotels in that chain (now part of Holiday Inn, or vice versa) you'll appeciate the level of service and luxury. I was a member of the now defunct six continents club--actually a loyaty program, like the Clipper Club, to which you were invited not that you joined!

I am traveling as well, mostly for pleasure, and relishing the perks that remain. Most airlines have gotten to the bus state of thingsm but Marriott most times makes me feel welcome and appreciated.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...