8 Replies Latest reply: Oct 17, 2015 5:55 AM by brightlybob RSS

Marriott Rewards Exclusive Offers To Keep Gold & Platinum Status

greenit Platinum 4 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

How does one opt into this offer?  I took on a special project htis year which mean no travel for 6 months.  Getting close to re qualifying for Platinum will be difficult (first time in 4 years)

Marriott Rewards Exclusive Offers To Keep Gold & Platinum Status | LoyaltyLobby

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott Rewards Exclusive Offers To Keep Gold & Platinum Status
    carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Hmm. I haven't seen this offer, so I'd like to run it by our team.  Stay tuned, I'll let you know what I can find out.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

When I originally looked at the link, it looked like a different promotion then what I was familiar with.  Upon looking into it further, Marriott Rewards does offer this promotion.  Here are some additional details...

Marriott Rewards does offer a Platinum Elite Challenge. 

If a member accepts this offer, their account status would be upgraded to Platinum Elite after the following terms have been met.

In order to achieve this status, the member must accumulate nine separate paid stays beginning with the date their account is registered for the offer for three months.  This is a one-time offer, and would be effective within three business days of their acceptance of this offer.

Once they have accumulated nine separate paid stays, their account status would be upgraded to Platinum Elite through January 2017.  To retain this status for all of 2017, the member would need to accrue the qualifying number of Elite nights during 2016. The Silver Elite level requires 10 Elite nights, the Gold Elite level requires 50 Elite nights, and the Platinum Elite level requires 75 Elite nights.

Should they be unable to accumulate nine separate paid stays during this trial period, their account would remain at their current status, and they would need to stay the normal night requirements to achieve this Platinum Elite level.

A "hotel stay" or "stay" means all consecutive nights a Marriott Rewards member registers and personally pays and stays at any participating hotel.  For example, one or multiple consecutive nights stayed in one hotel qualifies as one paid stay.

To be eligible for this offer, each stay would need to be individually booked in the name on their Marriott Rewards account, they must check into the hotel, and they need to pay the hotel directly for the stay.  They are not eligible to earn credit for stays in another name (even that of a friend or family member), stays booked as part of a group or package, or stays booked and paid through a third party. 

This information is visible by clicking on the following link for the Marriott Rewards online terms and conditions.

http://marriott.com/rewards/terms/earning.mi

maddashin Gold 1 Reviews

If you have a rewards card once you reach the gold status they will automatically be yours and then if you look for trips they will show up on Marriott.com because it automatically knows your status.

Is this what you mean.  You need to get a platinum chase marriott card to earn the most.  Then you need to sign up for a rewards card if you don't have one.  When you check into the hotel you just give them your number.  If you have a rewards number and then get card it will be on your credit card.

Then, make sure you use the Marriott shopping mall to earn tons more points.

Good questions, maddashin. You are spot on. 

To earn the most points you'll want to use the Credit Card in conjunction with your stays.  I've added a link to the FAQ's of earning points below. 

All your Marriott Rewards questions are answered in this FAQ

maddashin Gold 1 Reviews

I glanced quickly at list you gave me link to also.  I did not notice mention of using the mall with vendors. 

Everyone, I just google Marriott Mall because I can never remember the name of it.  If a particular vendor is not on that list I head over to American Airlines and use my Marriott card there.  I don't mind double dipping. 

You can even head over to Sears.  Look at a freezer there and then come back and order through the mall.

I have a Lowes and Home Depot for me.  I have used the Lowes site to order my product through the mall.  Then I go to the store to do pickup and it is right there in front waiting for me.

phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

greenit, If you don't find a workable offer, here is an alternate approach.

On two occasions, since first becoming platinum, I came up short.  In one case travel plans just fell through and I came up way short of the required 75.  On the other occasion, I suffered a life threatening illness that had me hospitalized and/or bed ridden from October through January.  I had to cancel three weeks of travel that were already booked with Marriott.

On both occasions, I called  the Elite line and explained the problems and was comped with Platinum status for the next year.  On one other occasion, I came up short with no compelling reason so I did not call.  Nevertheless, I received a letter in January, thanking me for my long time loyalty and comping me with Platinum for the year.

Marriott does reward long term loyalty and it's one of the things I love about this corporation.

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

I know what youre talking about greenit and it isn't what carat has mentioned which is a challenge to get you to plat. You want an offer that will save you losing plat.

Having held Plat for 3 years my travelling sharply decreased in 2011 and by end Summer I'd had only maybe 10 nights. In September I received an email from Marriott offering to extend my status if I stayed 20 nights to the end of the year. Now as it happened I had a couple of long trials fixed and that together with routing a couple of leisure stays to Marriott enabled me to reach the 20, thus renewing my Platinum for 2012. This is however an invitation only offer, so if you've not been invited you can't participate. Mind you, there's no harm in asking the fragrant carat whether she can wheedle an invite out of corporate

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...