5 Replies Latest reply: Sep 5, 2014 9:41 AM by servicematters RSS

BOGUS 48 Res Guarantee - Terrible Service!!!

jptraveler Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Bill - Terrible experience with your Res, GES Team and The Renaissance Hotel Hollywood Mgt trying last night trying to make a res for Jan!

You use the excuse that a hotel is blocked out due to an event whenever it is convenient for you so that you don't have to adhere to your policy!  A hotel only books up for 2 reasons Bill: 1. Peak Season and 2. Special Event in the City or Hotel, so it's easy for you to pull your Special Event EXCUSE Card when you don't want to honor your 48 hour policy!  I would understand it if the event was in the hotel and it was all taken up, but not when the event is elsewhere.  Why then are all your surrounding properties avail and not blocked out?  This is a SCAM!!!

I guarantee you that at least 80-90% of the guests staying that night did not already log over 200 nights in your properties this year Bill.  I made several calls last night to just get you more business and frankly all I got was script readers and not cust service agents (not 1 person cared not said I'm sorry).  I also received terrible service on the phone form Todd the rooms dir when I spoke with him.  He purposely sent me back to cust serv know that they would only have to call him back to discuss my res (this after the Plat cust serv agent just sent me back to Todd w/o even telling me that she was).  Several hours waiting last night and now this AM just to wait for Bruce the GM to make a decision!!!  What a rediculous waste of time.  I can't believe that your org would in such a short time upset me enough to write this and even consider leaving the Marriott.

Bill - There are many choices these days any loyalty like mine is harder to find since business travel is at an all time min.  How can you treat your custs like that?  ...and why would I now want to stay at a property that doesn't want me there! 

TERRIBLE SERVICE given to one of your highest members!  JP

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: BOGUS 48 Res Guarantee - Terrible Service!!!
    tjcnewyork Platinum

Los Angeles is among the Top 10 travel destinations in the US.  According to ExperienceLA.com, Hollywood venues are hosting 175 cultural events between January 1 and January 31, 2010.  The Ren Hollywood could very well be sold out the nights you are trying to book.  That said, have you asked Reservations about the Platinum Overide?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jptraveler Platinum

TJC New York,

That's what I'm so upset about.  I went to all levels asking for a Plat override (which I shouldn't have to be doing), and got absolutely nothing from them including Bill's office rep (Keith), who was the only one of 5 people that at least apologized.  The event is the championships in Pasadena (not even the same city),and they have 3 properties closer to the event that are avail and not blocked out.  I could understand it if the event was in that property, but not in another city.

You are correct; this as well as NY, Chicago, SF, Miami and all the others have events all the time (I'm actually going to LA for the People's Choice Awards).  So basically they may as well block all year out in lg cities.  That's my point.  Bill doesn't have to honor his policy ever as he can call it a special event.

I have spent over 200 nights at Marriott this year and can't accept this type of bad service to a loyalist of my level.  They should have at least appeased me by offering me a comp stay elsewhere or something, rather than leave me on the street as they did.

What most foolish about their bad decision (Bruce - GM Renaissance Hollywood & Bill's Office), is that they will get more damage to their brand by me blogging this here as well as on other sites like flyertalk.  What they also foolishly don't realize is that I work on TV (live national TV every month) and am featured in many magazines and talk shows. 

Shame on them for treating me so poorly on the 5 phone call attempts that I made just to try to get a Plat override and Marriott more business.

I appreciate your comments!  JP

tjcnewyork Platinum

JP

It's really baffling that Platinum Overide did not secure the reservation.  The Ren does have a 21 day advance rate w/o refund if cancelled beyond 24 hours of booking. My hunch is that a number of rooms may be blocked because of that. With the People Choice Awards airing on Jan 6th, LA must be in lock-down since the 2010 nominees were announced November 10.

Like blizzards and grounded flights, cancellations happen for all kinds of reasons. As a suggestion, try calling Platinum again. Repeatedly if you have to.  Synchronize your call(s) so that it would be 8:30 am PST.  That way, Platinum has a higher probability of connecting with the Front Desk manager.  

Best of luck!

servicematters Platinum

The 48 hour platinum premier override is a gimmick, useless, and fraudulent at worst.  I have tried it on four different occasions and on each occasion I have been told "the hotel is sold out".  Duh!  What is the value of an override if the hotel isn't sold out.  Speaking to customer service (platinum premier line) I got no further.  They offered to call the hotel only to return with the "its sold out" answer.  When asked why the override promise is offered at all if they are only going to tell me it is sold out, she schooled me on "sold out" vs. "really sold out".  She indicated that if the hotel is "really sold out" the override doesn't work.  However if the hotel is "sold out" then the override might work, dependent upon the hotel management.  In one case, I had to leave the hotel for one night and return the next night because they couldn't "override" their sold out status, even after checking in and staying there for three days.  What makes me most angry is they knowingly offer a "benefit" they can't fulfill.  Marriott should be better than this and either remove the fraudulent promise from their "benefits" list, or fess up that they are not able to fulfill the promise and it serves as a gimmick, an enticement that is a lie.  I'm so very disappointed with their behavior.  This is why people don't trust these programs. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...