6 Replies Latest reply: Nov 10, 2015 6:48 AM by brightlybob RSS

20 nights to maintain platinum question

stratman560 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Hello Insiders:

I received an offer this week to maintain my platinum status by staying 20 more nights before the end of the year.  My question is, since I will be receiving my 15 elite night bonus in the coming days off my Marriott Credit Card, will this count toward the 20 days required.  I carry both the Marriott and Ritz credit cards and was contemplating dropping the Marriott Card, but if the 15 nights push me within 5 days of staying Platinum for 2016, I'll definately keep it.  Anyone out there have some info on this?

Thanks!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: 20 nights to maintain platinum question
    brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

Sorry, stratman560 but Elite nights from the card don't qualify for any promos.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Correct! Elite nights from the credit card wouldn't count, as they are a different type of night than those that count towards the promotion. Nights required for the promotion are call "stay nights". Let me know if you have any additional question around this, stratman560!

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi stratman560! Happy to have our team take a look and confirm this. Hold tight and I'll follow up with more info.

mgs218 Platinum

Also curious if night credits from meetings/events count for this offer.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...