8 Replies Latest reply: Nov 5, 2015 9:20 AM by jl3549 RSS

Shop My Way points slow and not posting

bjones8162 Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I do a lot of online shopping.  I either do Shop My Way thru Marriott or the similar feature on Southwest.  Frankly, Southwest generally has more store, better points/$, and they post quickly.  That being said, I had 3 Marriott SMW transactions showing as "pending" and one transaction (past 60 days) completely disappeared.  Another one is now past 60 days and still pending.  I emailed about the disappearing transaction with all the details and no response.

Has anyone else had problems with this feature?  It is really frustrating and I would just stick to the better performing Southwest shopping portal, except I am trying to accumulate Marriott points.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Shop My Way points slow and not posting
    annew20 Gold

I also use Shop My Way through Marriott, although I have not shopped through Southwest.  For all my SMW online purchases I keep a log of date, merchant, order # & if points have posted.  I also print the order confirmation page.  This takes time but the log keeps me organized & I can better keep track of the points, esp. since the points can take up to 45+ days to post.  Just the other day, I noticed points didn't post for a purchase from Origins (which usually posts quickly) so I called Rewards customer service & they said it can take up to 45 days to post, which had already passed.  She took the order # & amount, & said she will have the points posted in the next 45 days.  I told her that I should not have to chase these points & that I may try a different site next time.  The points are relatively small compared to how much it takes to redeem for a nice hotel, but it adds up.  Maybe next time I'll shop through Southwest!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

bjones8162 Platinum 1 Reviews

I agree!  The points are not huge, so I don't want to have to spend a lot of time tracking them down.  Usually if I am making an online order, I check both SW and Marriott and then see which one is the better point return. 

annew20 Gold

Since my post from Sept. 23rd, I decided to try shopping through SouthWest mall since I was tired of waiting on Marriott points to post.  What a great experience!  Southwest posted the points within 7-10 days on two online shopping experiences so far & sent me emails to let me know my points have posted.  I am now switching online shopping to Southwest just in time for Christmas.

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

That sounds very frustrating, bjones8162. If you'd like, send me a DM with you order numbers, and I can have a member of our team look into those purchases for you.

LuckyCharm$ Gold

I use SMW as well and I must admit I'm fairly new to it, however I purchased via the site a few times and two of the times the points took a little over 2 months and currently I'm waiting for points to post again but it's still within the time frame.

jl3549 Platinum

Mine are very slow posting as well, used to work great.  I am still waiting on some points to post from a purchase made 6 months ago on May 1, 2015.  It still shows as pending.  I have had several email exchanges assuring it will be taken care of - but as of today, still not.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...