5 Replies Latest reply: Sep 21, 2015 2:17 PM by deannad RSS

Marriott reward redemption

loecoe Silver
Currently Being Moderated

Marriott reward redemption

Can you redeem Marriott reward points for timeshare properties? I can't find that in the redemption information.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott reward redemption
    ndn Platinum

Yes. The timeshare properties have a Marriott category ranking. Redeem through booking online as any other property.    

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Great question, loecoe!!

ndn, thanks for the insight! Have you been able to make reservations this way?

I'd also like to welcome you to the Insiders Community, loecoe!! As you may have already seen, this is a great forum to share your travel experiences and recommendations as well as ask questions, like above.   It is also a neat place to search out destinations you'd like to experience and hear what other travelers like yourself have to say.  I'm carat, and along with lindseyh and deannad, we moderate this community.  If you ever have any questions or comment, please feel free to reach out to any of us.  I've also included a link to our Getting Started Guide, if you'd like to take a look. 

Getting Started Guide

Looking forward to hearing more from you!!

ndn Platinum

I haven't needed to make a reservation this way, but it was available for the Marriott Manor at ford's colony. The "base" room was offered as a category-6 redemption. I have seen also where it allowed an upgrade for 5000 more points per night to get a 1-bedroom suite.

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Awesome, thanks for the great insight, ndn!!

deannad Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi loecoe,

I'm working with Cara and we've heard back from our team who has advised that as long as the property participates in Loyalty Rewards, members can use points to stay at a time share. You would need to use the search function on Marriott.com under the heading "Find a Hotel" and if the property is available, you should be able to book a stay using points. You can also do this by contacting our Reservations Department to book a stay at 1-888-236-2427. Hope this answers your question!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...