5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 19, 2010 1:20 PM by beachygirl RSS

Parking at Marriott Key West Resort

superchief1 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I have noticed that the Marriott Resort in Key West has recently initiated a $17 per day parking fee for self parking, which is exhorbitant for this area. Is anyone aware of alternative parking in the area? Otherwise, I think we will rent a car only for the first day to buy groceries and supplies and plan to use the shuttle and taxis for the rest of the week. I would rather use the $17 per day on food and wine.

• Re: Parking at Marriott Key West Resort
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Supercheif,

Maybe see about staying at the CY, where the parking is free.  Or just do away with the car altogether.

Good luck!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

mikiegfla Platinum 4 Reviews

I recently stayed at this (great) property. Directly across the street on North Roosevelt is a shopping center. You may want to risk parking the car there overnight or you can try parking on one of the side streets near the shopping center. I agree with you, $17 per night is not only uncalled for, but highway robbery.

Like I said, I recently stayed there and simply loved it. It's not downtown but close enough.

Here's an aerial view of the hotel and surrounding area. Click on Aerial Map to see where the shopping center is in relation to the hotel.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?address=3841+NORTH+ROOSEVELT+BLVD.&city=Key+West&state=FL&country=US

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

superchief1 Platinum

MikieFla,

Thank you for the information. I have booked a week with points for early March and have read several good reviews on TripAdvisors, so I am definitely looking forward to the trip. Do you think we can get by without a rental car? I know there is a shuttle into town, but I would also like to visit restaurants in other areas and am not sure whether the shuttle would take us there. I have also noticed that rental cars are very expensive in Key West, so I think we will rent one for the weekend we arrive, and go without one for the rest of the week. Do you have any restaurant recommendations? I welcome your suggestions.

mikiegfla Platinum 4 Reviews

You should do fine without a car. The shuttle lets you off in the center of town at the foot of Duval Street. The one thing I'm not sure about are the hours of operation. If it's too late, there are plenty of cabs to hail.

As far as restaurants go, my favorite dinner spot for the past 10 years has been Cafe Sole. For breakfast don't miss Blue Heaven and Sarabeth's. At Blue Heaven you sit in a yard with wild roosters walking around. It's Key West at its best.

beachygirl Gold

If you asked them to waive the parking fee they usually do.  We are gold members and stayed there last January.  Very nice (weather was awful) but we did not get to use the pool.  The pool area is beautiful, right on the gulf.  Shuttle services stops at 11pm but you can always get a cab.  Our favorite restaurant in Key West is Two Friends Patio.  Terrific for breakfast and dinner. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...