7 Replies Latest reply: Dec 22, 2009 5:00 PM by weld3z RSS

Booking online and room upgrade

weld3z Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I always book online never call to make a booking,

as you all know the upgrade is NOT guaranteed why Marriott not inform us if we well be upgraded or no before we go to the hotel, just a small note near the upcoming reservations.

for example, i was booking 1 bed room last week at Dubai harbor hotel new great hotel, they upgraded me to a huge 2 bed rooms with a palm view, if i know about this upgrade i well take other member of the family because the 2 bed room in this hotel for 6 people really huge its 2 bed room with a small extra room so its 3 rooms with 2.5 toilet and a kitchen! 

please Marriott let us know before we go there..

Thank you 

• Re: Booking online and room upgrade
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Dear Weld3z:

It is good to hear that Marriott was so good to give you that upgrade.  It seems that individual hotels can, and do, provide that extra service when they can.  The Spirit to Serve, which is the Marriott motto, means taking care of those loyal guests in a way that keeps them coming back!

Thanks for posting!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Survey
    diogenes72 Platinum 1 Reviews

Yes, I experienced the same thing.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

mikiegfla Platinum 4 Reviews

Obtaining a confirmed upgrade at time of booking has always been a pipe dream. But to be fair to Marriott, they don't know at the time of booking whether they would have been able to sell the upgraded room or not so they need to keep it open in their inventory.

tjcnewyork Platinum

As MikiegFLA comments, the online reservation system can only book what is available in inventory and can only guarantee an upgrade if you book it that way.  Complimentary upgrades are based upon availability however, in my experience, calling the hotel directly or asking Platinum to call is extremely effective.

eyes_of_texas Platinum

Weld,

As you pointed out, upgrades are not guaranteed by Marriott but rather provided based on availability at the time of check-in.  Unless and until this policy changes your idea is nice but not logistically feasible.  I can not see any change in this policy unless Marriott, like airlines, begin booking non-refundable reservations.  (With few exceptions, all reservations can be cancelled without penalty up to 6:00 PM the day of arrival.) 

rickbrunner Gold

I would have to agree.  I have been deeply disappointed in the PLAT status with Marriot.  Being on the road is no fun as many nights as I am away from home.  I enjoy the Full service Marriott’s bedding and exercise facilities.   But I  have been shocked at the requirement that I must ask to be upgraded even though I am Plat status.  In fact the only place I have found that an upgrade is even possible is with full service Marriot’s.  Courtyards are so run down ( there are exceptions) that I have almost written them all off. The only stay in the last 24 months that I truly felt appreciated as a loyal customer was a stay at the Marco Island Marriott. The concierge level access has become a disappointment as I rarely find a breakfast worth eating.  The restrictions on which Marriott have a concierge level access is annoying and I should not have to beg to be upgraded... It just should happen if you truly value my business.  This has been so disappointing that I recently started booking via Hilton to see if there is a difference.  I have really enjoyed the Embassy Suites and the Hilton full service facilities are every bit as nice as Marriot.  I even purchased a vacation package through Hilton as they have courted me with special offers.. which Marriott has not.   If Marriot wants my continued loyalty .. then listen up.. re-furbish Courtyards to compete with Embassy suites, don’t make me ask for an upgrade.. make it automatic.. and give me notice at the time of booking if it is available. Concierge Breakfast should make me say ‘WOW this is nice’  if not then just give me a free cooked to order breakfast as the Embassy Suites do.

weld3z Platinum

Hi again, and thanks to every one replay to Booking online and room upgrade.

I book a room 18-22 in London,Uk for my best friend honey moon, I do the payment as a gift for them and because I'm PLATINUM they upgraded them to a suite yes this is great Marriott,Thank you 

lets calculate the difference, payed 750 pounds for the room for the 4 nights the suite price is more than 1000 again Thank you Marriott.

Now this is great i like it, They love it but a small note near the upcoming reservation well be fantastic and its easy without any problems because we know this is not guaranteed.

What i found here is International Marriott hotels are better in upgrade rooms they do it every time, i found this in Dubai,london,Guangzhou and amsterdam.

This is good because international Hilton hotels are really bad in upgrade many friends told me that but its the opposite in the USA Hilton are better in upgrades this what i read on the web.

Its a complicated situation but MR should fix it but how !!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...