8 Replies Latest reply: Jan 2, 2010 8:26 PM by lakeshore RSS

Concierge Lounges in Europe

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Hi,

I have found that MOST concierge lounges in Europe are open on weekends and for breakfasts (unless there is an equivalent) 24/7.  This is true at the Athens Ledra, Renaissance Chancery Court, Ghent Marriott and if I remember correctly the London County Hall.  Those are the ones I have stayed at most recently.

Usually in Europe you still have access round the clock to the concierge lounge with your card key even if nothing is there except small refreshments and a computer and TV/newspapers.  I've found that in most cases where they do close you are offered some equivalent in terms of breakfast as well as vouchers for complementary drinks and hors d'oeuvres, etc.

ProfChiara

• Re: Concierge Lounges in Europe
    newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews

Stuttgart, Germany - not open weekends

Cologne, Germany - open weekends

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Prof.,

Nice report!  This is really good to know.  County Hall had week-end service last time I was there and other properties had comp. breakfasts when concierge was closed.

Please keep us informed.

You London Ren. sounds very interesting and i am not sure if it will suit my West end needs or I am better staying at County Hall.  Any thoughts?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

Hi Jerry,

I think it would work easily for you because the Holborn stop (a block at most from hotel, significantly easier than the County Hall and Westminster simply because you  have to fight the crowds to get across the bridge) is on both the Central and Piccadilly lines.

I would still say my preference is the County Hall but there was a huge difference in price when I booked and the Renaissance Chancery was outstanding.

Cheerio, ProfChiara

Professor,

Thanks so much!

I am going to some plays in the West End and seeing the Moody Blues at the O2 Arena and just want to make it easy on myself.

The Ren. sounds great and I really appreciate your help, (As Usual)!

Cheerio to you!

frankiesesso Platinum 5 Reviews

and they ALL offer free liquor!

Where did you see the ""Free drinks", I have not been there.

Have been lucky enough to have a bottle of wine for the room after I checked in and it was great.

Happy travels!

redwood Platinum 5 Reviews

Also open weekend is Pais Rive Gauche which is a great lounge.

lakeshore Platinum 11 Reviews

Yes, in my opinion, the concierge lounges in Europe and Africa are much better than in America.  I am not sure why, but it is always an eye opener when we are in the States.  

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...