2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 26, 2010 8:40 PM by jemma8 RSS

Concierge Lounges in Europe

diogenes72 Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

With all the recent discussions about weekend closings of the Concierge Lounges (and, in many cases, no breakfast arrangements for Marriott Gold and Platinum members), one of our number posted a comment that this situation existed only in the US.  He stated that the Concierge Lounges in European Marriotts are open on the weekends.  Since I was leaving for Amsterdam right after I read this, I promised to report what I found; and indeed the Lounge at the Renaissance A'dam was open all weekend long, with morning and evening food and beverage service.  There was no liquor available in the evenings, but a large selection of beer and wine was without charge (there was no liquor available in the Lounge during the week either). 

I asked the Concierge whether the Lounges in the other European Marriotts were open on the weekends, and she replied that as far as she knew, they were.  So that's the story.  It would be interesting to know the difference in philosophy between the Concierge Lounge service in Europe and in the USA.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Concierge Lounges in Europe
    tjcnewyork Platinum

Welcome back and thanks for the heads-up about concierge lounge availability at European Marriott properties.  By any chance were you able to observe relative occupancy levels from weekday to weekend? 

With the possible exception of very large markets like New York in the US, full service hotel occupancy drops significantly on weekends justifying the CL closings.  The trend in Europe may be different.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Concierge Lounges in Europe
    jemma8 Gold

I am quite disappointed the the Concierge Lounges are closed on the weekends.  Gold and Plat members have earned their status on the amount of nights stayed for busisness and pleasure travel.  On the weekends, it would be very nice to be able to enjoy the benefits of the lounges when relaxing.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...