3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 18, 2015 6:37 PM by lindseyh RSS

Reservation Preferences Recommendations

boomer Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

MR has the ability to flag certain things as preferences on reservations and many (but not all) properties fulfill those requests (Room type, bed type, floor pillows, etc.).  How about adding some choices, perhaps brand specific.  Some recommendations I have are:

• Away from elevator (near elevator exists)
  • Corner Room
  • Courtyard facing room (CY properties)
  • Near or Away from Pool/Fitness Center
  • Coffee preferences (all decaf, no decaf, etc)

Thoughts?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Reservation Preferences Recommendations
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Good topic and some excellent ideas you've listed.

However; in my opinion a Corner Room would be considered an upgrade as well as Courtyard facing rooms unless you are able to book them like many properties where you can book a Corner Room.

Away from the elevator is an excellent addition and should be on the list.

The Coffee preference is much like the Extra Towels or Pillows, hit or miss and would completely depend on when Housekeeping cleaned the room you are assigned pending any possible upgrades.  I see this one as being the most difficult of your proposals to meet.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Thanks for starting this thread, boomer! I think this is great topic, and am excited to hear what other Insider's thoughts are around this. I agree with your statement around the coffee proposal, IAHFLYR. It may be tough, but as a big time coffee drinker, I would probably put that on the top of my list of preferences!

77paris Platinum 17 Reviews

A noted preference I would love to see would be the ability to request a specific room #.  There are several properties where I have an affinity for a particular room - could be elevator or floor related, view, a unique configuration or just familiarity.  Some of these might be considered an upgrade, but to have it on my profile as a preference couldn't hurt.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...