3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 18, 2015 5:45 PM by boomer RSS

Direct Bill Earning Question?

boomer Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I know that technically you do not earn points for charges that are direct billed but had a question about the nights and other expenses.  I recently attended a vendor sponsored event at a Ritz property where my room and tax were paid by the vendor.  I provided my MR Platinum Premier number to accumulate points on any incidentals that were charged to my own CC.  The front desk clerk also made a comment that I would be credited for the nights.

I am going to submit for the missing points on the expenses I incurred but does anyone know whether you are entitled to the credit for the nights stayed?

Thanks!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Direct Bill Earning Question?
    lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Great question, boomer, I'd be happy to pass this on to our team to see if they can provide any insight around this. Hold tight and I'll follow up with more info.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi boomer, I had our team provide clarification around this, and they said the when a vendor pays for a stay, members are not entitled to the nights or points for the room. Members need to pay for the room directly to receive the credits.

I hope that helps clarify your question. Please let me know if you need anything else. I'm here to help!

boomer Platinum

Thank you.  I had assumed that was the case but was intrigued by the front desk clerk's comment.  Thanks for the follow-up!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...