4 Replies Latest reply: Sep 18, 2015 3:37 PM by 702rugbyref RSS

Marriott Math Test

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Is it my imagination or is Marriott challenged with simple math problems?  Take a look at this reservation and room rates, then add it all together with tax and see if you wonder the same thing? 

RATES ARE PER ROOM, PER NIGHT (USD)

Friday, 2015 2 nights                                                              449.00 USD

Regular rate

Sunday, 2015 1 night                                                              479.00 USD

Regular rate

ESTIMATED GOVERNMENT TAXES & FEES                           73.60 USD

Total for stay (for all rooms)                                                  1,597.81 USD

Now granted I finished school in Florida long time ago and live in Texas, but even by my math calculations with my shoes off to help I come up with $1450.60.

I wonder what the exact total would be at check-out?

Anyone else found similar situations?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Seattle, Washington, USA
  • Re: Marriott Math Test
    brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

It's not you, IAHFLYR, it's poor presentation, the taxes and fees are per night. Once you multiply them by 3 the discrepancy is a penny and that arises due to per night rounding issues on the % tax!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

See, that's why you are helping me from across the pond!!   Well done and that was not a test either by the way.

deannad Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

brightlybob saves the day again! I agree that it would be helpful if it was presented like math problems where you show the work to how you get to the final answer! Thanks for the help as always!

702rugbyref Platinum

All about rounding taxes I am sure.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...