4 Replies Latest reply: Sep 19, 2015 2:04 AM by panusr RSS

Weekend Discount Gold/Platinum Member benefit

nlpd Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

According to Marriott Platinum Elite Benefits, one of the benefits is "a 10% discount on regular rates for your Friday and Saturday night stays at participating Courtyard® and SpringHill Suites® locations."  It explains what the benefit is but not how you obtain it.  How do we get this?  Is there a code or do we have to call the reservation hotline?

I would have expected the rates to be adjusted when I was logged in using my account but apparently the rates are the same whether I log in or not.

Thanks.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Weekend Discount Gold/Platinum Member benefit
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Call the hotel directly, but my suspicion is that famous phrase "at participating" will come into play.

Also, you might find it located under the tab "Marriott Reward Offers" that is located directly above the room rates on the "Chose a Room Rate" if any offers are available.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

never heard of this discount but don't usually stay on weekends but will check out the next time I do

panusr Platinum 1 Reviews

Great point regarding the phrase "at participating" (properties, locations, and so on). The other trigger is that the 10% discount applies to "regular rates", hence, rack-rate (the standard and most expensive nightly rate) applicable to walk-ins, non-reward members, and so on. I have found that I save more than 10% using discounts for AAA, AARP, and senior citizens. It is always worth a few minutes of time to review the discounts available for these types of group memberships. Honestly, I have never been asked for membership identification (even though I do hold these memberships).

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi nlpd! I looked into this for you and found the following information:

You are correct that Elite members do receive a 10% discount off of the regular rate on Friday and Saturday nights at Courtyard and SpringHill Suites locations. As IAHFLYR mentioned, this is offered only at participating hotels, so best to check availability online, using promo code E0S, or by calling Couryard Reservations at 1.800.321.2211  and SpringHill Suites Reservations at 888.287.9400. If you call, you can ask the agent to check for availability with the promo code E0S.

I also wanted to point out that the discount isn't valid with other discounts, on upgraded rooms at Courtyard hotels, and may not be during special events. Just a heads up.

Let me know if I can help answer any more questions! 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...