4 Replies Latest reply: Dec 4, 2009 11:49 PM by pltnmprincess RSS

What is the loyalty reality?

pltnmprincess Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

It seems that loyalty to a brand is the theme as of late.  SteppingStones just posted an article from the NYT regarding the lengths that some hotel chains are going to promote stronger loyalty amongst their guests.  Many posts relating to programs designed to improve loyalty are all over the Insiders forums.  But are these programs having the desired effect? 

I've decided to try to find out by offering a weekly poll on www.travelprincessdiaries.com and I invite you all to participate.  This week's question:

Do programs that accelerate status attainment make you more loyal to a brand?

These programs would include elite rollover nights and double nights credit from Marriott, as well as some other programs offered by the other chains.

Please take 1 minute to visit the site and answer the poll.  It's right on the front page.  I will share the results here at the insiders forum.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: What is the loyalty reality?
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Good question your highness! 

And I voted for door number one!  Why not ask more specific questions, viz.:  what loyalty perk impresses you the most?  What perk, if removed from those now offered would make you stay at another chain?  Do you see more or less perks in 2010 than in 2009?  Etc.

Good blog--thanks for posting it.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

pltnmprincess Platinum

Thanks for voting SteppingStones.  And thanks for the suggestions! Those sound like awesome ideas for future polls!

I thought the poll idea would be a way to better organize the expertise on this board to present something consolidated to Marriott regarding the wishes of its elite members, but the response has been rather weak.  I was hoping to get more responses especially given the fact that this thread has 80+ views to date.  I guess we will just have to wait and see.

tjcnewyork Platinum

It strikes me as odd that Platinum Premier remains unpublished.  The natural tendency of goal-oriented individuals is to meet or exceed a goal in order to win a prize.   If Platinum Elite is the perceived as the top 'prize', then Marriott is potentially undermining the opportunity for increased business and ultimately tighter loyalty.

• Only 2 days left.....
    pltnmprincess Platinum

Insiders....there are only 2 days left to respond to the Princess Poll:  Do programs that accelerate status attainment make you more loyal to a brand? 

It's a simple YES/NO/Maybe answer and shouldn't take more than 5 seconds to do.  We need at least 30 votes to have statistical significance, so please cast your vote at www.travelprincessdiaries.com.

On Monday we start a new poll: 

"What perk, if removed, would make you leave Marriott and move to a different chain?"

Thanks to SteppingStones for the suggestion.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...