5 Replies Latest reply: Dec 3, 2009 1:18 PM by chazdawg RSS

Just for Fun: >1MM points?

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

We all know how points have been devalued with the changes this year, but I thought a little survey on who might have the most points accrued would be fun. Allow me to start:

As of 11/29 I have 1,580,338 points. Anyone with 2MM+?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Just for Fun: >1MM points?
    lesliepamel Platinum

As of November 2008 I had 1.6 mln points. On seeing the points inflation comming, I booked loads of vacations before the 15th Jan 2009, and took them in the year ending 15th Jan 2010. All awards were then given at the old point value.

Most of these points were accumulated through MVCI.

However that is the last time that I will exchange MVCI time for points, as to the mvci member points represent such awful value. In 1987 marriott gave 110,000 points for a week of ownership. That is all they still offer to me 22 years later. In that 22 years my maintenace has increased 245%. I wonder if Marriott would apply that rate to points  and offer me 269,500 points !! Huh, as Marriott said when they sold me the timeshare...DREAM the DREAM   

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

mikiegfla Platinum 4 Reviews

1.55 million remaining here.

I used a few hundred thou for a whirlwind European trip in 2007 and it was worth every point. Back then Marriott offered its Europe Hopper offer. Boy those were great days for the program.

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Just shy of 1.6M myself but I have used nearly 500K this year.

weld3z Platinum

yes i just hit 353,146 without visa card 

chazdawg Platinum

Just over 2 Million in the last week.  Lifetime I've used about 600K...Looking forward to hitting that 3 Million mark so I can lock in Lifetime Platinum.

ChazDawg

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...