1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 30, 2009 1:31 PM by profchiara RSS

Lego my Logo?

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

This article says that the familiar Marriott Logo will not necessary adorn hotels in the new autograph collection.  There is a give and take in the article about the cons and pros of logo-adorning.

I find the Marriott "M" logo to be a welcome beacon in a travel-weary environment.  All over the world, the familiar calligraphic red Marriott letter is, for me at least, a signpost telling me that I am nearing home--of only for a little while.  Like the "ribbon arrow" on Coca-Cola, McDonald's golden arches, and the Nike swoosh arrow the brand is known for its quality and iconic advertising logo.

I wonder if other Insiders feel the same way?  Or is this below the radar for most of us.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Lego my Logo?
    profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

I agree completely.  It's not only the familiarity, but can actually help you find the hotel if you are in a new city.  When I was in Athens last summer, I had a taxi driver who insisted (upon trying to leave me off in front of a bank) that this was the Marriott -- even after I showed him the key cover/address that you get when you check in.  Fortunately, I had walked the boulevard on my arrival; unfortunately I did not take a map this time. I knew I was in the right general area but felt that I was on the wrong side of the boulevard (I was).  I was never so happy to see that big red M!

ProfChiara

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...