2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 26, 2009 7:48 AM by profchiara RSS

Posting of 15 additional with Marriott Visa Card

luv2travl Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

We have had the Marriott Visa Card for a number of years and I really like it. Could you tell me at what time they add the additional 15 nights towards elite status every year in my MR account? I just had the free night (category 1-5 ) posted, but don’t think I have seen the additional nights?

Thanks!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Posting of 15 additional with Marriott Visa Card
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

It's not an automatic thing, at least in my experience.  In the Spring I had to call Marriott Rewards to get the nights posted. They were very helpful, taking the time to make sure that the anniversary date of acquiring the card was posted in my account. 

Interestingly, this is a co-branding thing:  Visa, the card account holder, notifies Marriott Rewards and then the nights are posted.  You may need to start with Visa (the 800 number on the back of the card) first and then work with Marriott Rewards. Of course the account must be in good standing on both ends.

This year  as in past years I had a March 15th Visa card anniversary date.   One Visa billing cycle later I noticed that the 15 nights were not posted, and there was no free Catergory 1-5 night either, so tha generated my call.  Within a day, the nights were in the account and the free night reward posted as well.

You may have noticed that some cards have changed their terms and conditions, with the pending new credit card rules  mandated by law, so I am hoping that this benefit does not disappear.  Keep your fingers crossed.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Posting of 15 additional with Marriott Visa Card
    profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

Contrary to my usual problem of getting hotel points posted, I haven't ever had problems getting the 15 nights posted -- I am pretty sure it's on the anniversary of getting the card.

ProfC

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...