2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 24, 2009 3:22 PM by anadyr RSS

Change previous stay from points redemption to Pay by card

balajiv Silver
Currently Being Moderated

HI

I have one general question, recently I went for client interview to Atlanta, and I used my points to stay one night in Fairfield inn. It has been 1 week now, and client is saying they can pay for one night stay, however I do not have statement(with amount paid) for my stay since I used my points. My question is , is it possible to change my stay from reward points redemption to Pay by card , if I ready to pay now?. I appreciate if anybody can share similar experiences.

Thanks

Balaji

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Change previous stay from points redemption to Pay by card
    tjcnewyork Platinum

Congratulations on a positive outcome to your interview.  How wonderful that the client offered to reimburse you.  It's a great sign of recovery in the making.

You have two options. 

• Call the hotel directly and request to speak with the finance manager.  If you have your Confirmation # - an 8 digit number, that should help them look it up the guest folio. It may be convenient for them to charge the credit card you already have on file with Marriott with your MR account.  In addition to verifying the credit card # they may ask you to fax a note authorizing the charge.
    • Call Guest Services @ 800-321-7396.  My hunch is that they will refer you back to the hotel.

Keep in mind that Marriott properties with minor exception are franchises and have regional back-office operations with operational procedures that vary.  To undo a point redemption may take patience on your part.  Good luck.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Change previous stay from points redemption to Pay by card
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

In my experience it is difficult to change a stay post-hoc, but that does't mean you can't try.

Given the circumstance the points have been subtracted from your account and the hotel has notified Marriott rewards that you used an award--i.e., perhaps case closed.

But there is alwasy a way, and I hope it can be fixed.

Please let us all know what you find out.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...