2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 25, 2009 2:20 PM by anadyr RSS

Consistency

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Yep, hard to be consistent I suppose when there are 2000 rooms in a hotel, but it seems that it is possible. I'm currently at the Marriott Maquis and we've had uneven room servicing, which I have mentioned to both AYS and Housekeeping.  They both have made the problems go away quickly.

But, seems to me that trash removal from wastebaskets, towel counts being the same, and lack of replenished soap and toiletries in the room point to a training and service issue. Also noticing that the rug has crumbs might generate a vaccuum cleaning--some day in a week's stay.

I post this not to merely compain or make waves but to ask if this has happened to any of you and what you've done about it?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Consistency
    nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

Hoping that I'm keeping with the theme of this thread, let me give a sit rep of my current stay at Fairview Park Marriott.  Upon check in yesterday, was told the concierge lounge was closed all week but I could get breakfast buffet at the restaurant each morning.  I asked about some type of appetizer in the evening since the lounge is normally open then also.  After a long pause, the desk clerk offered an appetizer in the bar/restaurant that evening.  I thanked her, and then asked about the other 4 nights I'm staying.  AFter a longer pause, she deferred to the Front Desk Manager who was standing nearly shoulder to shoulder with her, but claimed not to have heard the conversation.  After I asked the question again, he replied that they don't normally do that, but if I insist, he can arrange it.  (Difficult to put on paper the somewhat condescending tone) I told him I accept his offer, but didn't expect he'd try to make me feel guilty or like I'm begging for what seemed to me to be a reasonable request since as I hadn't asked for anything outside of the normal operating hours of the concierge lounge.  So I got my treat last night along with breakfast this a.m.  And, more importantly, received my newspaper at the door this morning also.  As is our usual experience, majority of the staff are very friendly, professional conduct and appearance, and the room is well within the high quality standards I expect at a full service Marriott.  Looking forward to a continued pleasant stay, and hope all insiders enjoy a Happy Thanksgiving.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Consistency
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Dear NUHusker:

Thanks for the post.  Seems that it is a tough time to be a service provider:  many are being squeezed by bottom lines and guest requests for things that used to be given freely. Hopefully as the economy improves then pressure will diminsh on the associates are once again given the leeway to satisfy guest requests.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...