6 Replies Latest reply: Dec 13, 2009 10:56 AM by jmat6687 RSS

Rollover Nights?

jmat6687 Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Does anyone know if nights on a basic Rewards level roll-over to 2010? I currently have 9 nights(I'm just a lowly leisure traveler), and our next trip isn't until January. Come January, will these 9 nights count towards Silver? Or do I have to book a stay before the end of the year to make Silver?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Rollover Nights?
    tjcnewyork Platinum

Good question.  The Elite Rollover provisions say you start earning nights towards next years status once you qualify for Elite in 2009, but asking doesn't hurt.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jmat6687 Gold

That was the response I got from Marriott-once you achieve an elite level the additional nights roll-over. I haven't booked our trip yet, but its gonna be the first week of January. Maybe if I asked for a "favor", or for a "slight bending of the rules" to allow me to gain Silver status since I was so close. The wife and I love Marriott properties, and certainly won't leave over this, but the 20% bonus points is really a nice perk  for the few nights a year we stay. Anyone know if I stand a chance to pull this off?

eyes_of_texas Platinum

It is the nights in excess of those needed for elite status that roll over.  I feel your pain with one night shy of silver - so close.  Here's an idea that may be worth considering ... Check with your local Marriott properties - all brands.  Seek the best weekend deal available before year's end and escape for a night.  That 10th night will earn you special perks all year next year!

tjcnewyork Platinum

"Check with your local Marriott properties - all brands.  Seek the best weekend deal available before year's end and escape for a night."

Great suggestion.  Sometimes you have to travel two hours outside of 'local' and cross a state line (or two) to find a weekend deal on a AAA rate or MEB (Marriott eBreak) that's less than $100/night.  There are so many Marriott brands and properties in New England it's relatively easy, other areas may require longer travelling. Combining a PointSaver award with a paid night also works nicely. You get the benefit of enjoying a two-night weekend plus the promise of hitting the Silver Elite milestone.  And, the two nights do not have to be in the same property.

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

I think Marriott values you as a customer regardless of level in the program. I also agree that they might comp you in at Silver Elite since you are so close. 

One other suggestion would be to get the Marriott Visa card, giving you an automatic 15 nights equivalent stay and other things (like a free night's stay) for a relatively small annual fee--certainly less than the cost of paying for those 15 nights.

Good luck

jmat6687 Gold

Just a follow-up....I e-mailed customer service about cutting me a break-I have 3 nights booked Jan 5-8, and am 1 day short of Silver for 2009. Sorry, can't carry over your 9 nights. I won't leave Marriott over this, but geez its disappointing. Its not like I am asking for something for free or an upgrade to platinum-just bump me up to Silver so I can get the bonus points-with only 27,000 points, I would appreciate the 20% extra. Oh well....I really don't want the Marriott Credit Card, nor do I want to spend 100 bucks on a night before the year ends, so I guess it is what it is

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...