8 Replies Latest reply: Nov 20, 2009 3:13 PM by tjcnewyork RSS

New Website Needs some Work

diogenes72 Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Boy, I sure agree with your comments.  I had a very difficult time finding the Insiders Page, and the directions I got from the Marriott.com didn't help.  It is not listed in any of the drop down menus.  I finally found it myself.  Does anyone over the age of 25 besides myself find it unenlightening to have a bunch of things popping up, unfolding, in front of you every time you go to the home page?  I guess this is supposed to be a visual enhancement.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: New Website Needs some Work
    tjcnewyork Platinum

Well said.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

Dear Diogenes and GShock,

I couldn't agree more -- I hadn't visited the site in several days and when I first opened it seemed almost entirely geared to new reservations.  Maybe that's what they want, but my first thought was they had eliminated Insiders.   It took several minutes to find it.

I hate the new site.

ProfChiara

thinze3 Gold

Personally, I like it. After stumbling across it yesterday and playing with it many times since, I like it much better than the old clutteerd page.

Suggestion, since the link was added to the front page, I would like to see a single sign-in for both the Hotel side and Timeshare side.

tjcnewyork Platinum

thinze

Do you mean a single sign-on for Marriott.com and My-VacationClub.com?

thinze3 Gold

TJCNewYork

Yes. Once I sign in to my Marriott.com account, I would like to simply click that little 'sunny' Timeshares button down there on the left and see my MVCI account just like I can my Marriott account.

I read the complaints listed below, but have had no trouble finding anything. I think members aren't using the scrolling right and left arrows at the bottom.

tjcnewyork Platinum

Thinze3

With the mapping of MVC properties into Marriott Hotel Categories last July and the addition of PointSavers like Redeem 4 Get the 5th Night Free applied to MVC, Marriott's brand integration efforts have achieved several milestones this year. Linking an MVC owner's account with a Marriott Rewards id is a step in the right direction.

If achieved, do you think owner expectations will change?  How?

thinze3 Gold

Not so sure owner expectations would change so much, but it would be another building block in MVCI owners' loyalty toward the Marriott hotel brand and possibly vice versa.

For example, ten years ago when I would go out of town, I would simply look for the best deal at a decent hotel.  After becoming a MVCI owner that began to change. In the last few years, after learning more about the value of the Marriott Rewards system, I have become almost exclusively a Marriott patron. I have learned to tie the two systems together and maximize my value.

Note: I do not travel for business, but I have even began showing coworkers a few "tricks" of the trade. They think I'm a Marriott freak. 

Someone could log into Marriott to see their upcoming reservations (I see both MVCI and hotels), and then 'click' over to MVCI and pay their MF's using the Marriott Visa. That would get you a minimum of 5000 MR points alone. Then it's back to Marriott in  a couple of days to verify that the points have been added.

If the two systems were tied together, MVCI owners would spend more time on the Marriott hotel website reading conversations between me and you. The more they read and learn the more loyal they will become. Agreed?

PS - I have about 4000 post on another website, and most of them are about Marriott Vacation Club Inc.

tjcnewyork Platinum

"If the two systems were tied together, MVCI owners would spend more time on the Marriott hotel website"

Good point.  And, in so doing learn more - as you have - about how to obtain the best value.  At the same time,  Marriott stands to gain from MVC owner feedback. From both perspectives, it's a win-win. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...