This discussion is locked
Archived Content:

This content may no longer be relevant and is available for reference only. Visit Archive FAQs for more details.

3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 16, 2009 5:09 PM by anadyr RSS

New Web site

gshock Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Been a Marriott Reward member for over 25 years and this is the worst web site design that Marriott has ever had. Difficult to navigate and too many clicks. The only way I found the Insider page is to look at site map.  Going to turn off a lot of on line activity

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: New Web site
    tjcnewyork Platinum

GShock

The 'deck of cards' metaphor is clever but inaccessible from a BlackBerry.  Maybe on an iPhone?  Anyway, when a change of this magnitude is in the offing, significant change management is required.  Other than the sweepstakes, there was no notice - not even an email?  Even if an email did arrive, I would not be able to view the new website from a link via the BlackBerry.

Marriott Insiders, unfortunately is not among the featured cards in the deck.  You have to Log-In first and then use the Scroll Bar on the bottom.  Scroll to the right to 'Join the Conversation.'

http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp50/TOWNHOUSEMEDIA/NewMarriott-JoinConversation.jpg

If you click, 'Join the Conversation' before Sign In, you're left in limbo at a Redirect screen.  Whoever is listening at Marriott, the new website may not be the award-winning online experience that your members voted for in the Freddie's.  Time will tell.

http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp50/TOWNHOUSEMEDIA/NewMarriott-Insiders.jpg

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

iefbr14 Platinum 4 Reviews

Some work needs to be done to the "Deals" portion, such as improved sorting capabilities. I don't have time to look through 503 (!) pages of deals. Some suggested sort keys, including nested sort keys might be: P6, city, expiration date, start date, brand.

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

I agree G:

Flash-based webs are like animations in PowerPoint, especially the ones with sounds added! OK but dangerously overused.

I would have preferred a cleaner look with less movement. Ironically my desktops, which typically download at 16-18 mbps, show the action as jerky and my laptop running on a 11.g standard wireless (54 mbps, but really 4-5 mbps) shows it seamlessly as if it were flowing from a fountain! All systems are up to date and have the latest Flash.

Also, it is hard to see the links that we were used to seeing on the older design.  So, all in all, some modernization but not a great actualization of the web presence in my view.

Check out the web design at IHG or Hilton or Fairmont for a contrasting view with and without Flash. I'd be interested to hear what you and others think about them in comparison?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...