0 Replies Latest reply: Jun 7, 2012 10:36 PM by anadyr RSS

In San Jose try Vito's Trattoria

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Italian can be bland, predictable, even less than filling but not at this little place near the SJC (San Jose Mineta International) Airport.  Vito's New York Trattoria is about a block from the very nice Courtyard hotel and less than half a mile from the airport itself on Skyport Drive.

As a test I ordered an item off menu asking for Fetuccini Puttanesca, and they were only too happy to oblige! I must admit that other places (including toney places such as Luna in NYC) have refused to vary what's on the menu--even getting a little nasty over my having asked for anything but the printed stuff! Ironically all the ingedients needed are in the kitchen already--so it is not a big deal to engage in customer satisfaction for this dish.

Vito's uses fresh roma tomatoes in their sauce, their pasta is homemade, the service great (ask for Erin--she is the best!), and the price in line with the quality of food offered.

All in all much higher quality than the average Italian neighborhood place--and worth a trip when you're in Silicon Valley.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...