2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 20, 2009 3:53 PM by barbaracollins RSS

Tahoe Timeshare Value

6gifts Gold
Currently Being Moderated

We were very, very disappointed in Marriott's handling of our timeshare sale in Tahoe. We own two and listed one for resale. Marriott was handling the resale but now let it go to a private firm. The problem is, that unlike most resales when they are sold out of Marriott, buyers do not get the benefit of points, in this case, Marriott is allowing buyers to pay an additional amount to buy into the Marriott point system. Aside from the market downturn, this has, in our opinion created a very low resale value.

Marriott should only allow owners who buy directly from Marriott to be in the point system and have a set resale value that they will not go below to help retain their timeshare value. This is something we were told was the Marriott policy when we purchased. I do not think most owners in Tahoe realize what Marriott has done and through this and personal contact they need to be informed.

• Re: Tahoe Timeshare Value
    tjcnewyork Platinum

6Gifts

Welcome to Insiders and thanks for posting.  MVC Resales is a hot topic for owners and the issue you point out is a new development.  Your post confirms what I've been hearing most recently from owners at Barony Beach, Hilton Head and Aruba Ocean Club.

How was the change in the Resale Program communicated?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Tahoe Timeshare Value
    barbaracollins Platinum

We recently bought our first week MVC, and whilst I am delighted to have it, the sales person just told us a lot of very exageratef facts, and I don't really rate the after sales help either.

I tried to point out issues in the process to our 'dedicated' agent who told me there was nothing she could do about it. Totally ridiculous, I can't believe that a company such as marriott can't receive complaints and look at their processes.  SO much for spirit to serve!

I was quite disappointed for the complete lack of customer care and basic desire to just SELL SELL SELL

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...