2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 15, 2009 9:56 PM by eyes_of_texas RSS

Marriott partnering with independent hotels

pltnmprincess Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I came across this article in the USA Today.  Looks like Marriott will broaden its coverage without having to build more hotels.  The new brand will be called "The Autograph Collection" and will allow MR members to earn and redeem points at these hotels.  See the article at this link:

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/hotels/2009-11-12-hiphotels12_ST_N.htm

Great news!  I am looking forward to trying one of these new hotels!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott partnering with independent hotels
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

And it might save some of these places from going under!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott partnering with independent hotels
    eyes_of_texas Platinum 8 Reviews

Thanks for posting this update.  From code sharing to strategic alliances (e.g. SkyTeam and Star Alliance), airlines are with some measure of success leading the way with this marketing strategy.  Judging from the article, Marriott seems to be dipping their toe in these waters.  Personally, I would find it most interesting should Marriott seek these partnerships in markets that otherwise do not have Marriott branded properties.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...