6 Replies Latest reply: Dec 5, 2009 10:44 PM by tjcnewyork RSS

Input Needed *Elite Pts Stay & Rm Upgrade

seagrey Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

With the current points savers program I decided to use some points.  I am a platinum member and have 100 nights this year so far.  First visit, I asked if I could be upgraded - and I thought I was.  Second & third visit - same type of room assumed it was an upgrade.  Fourth visit - great corner room with balcony, extra towels- but internet network was down.  Hotel dismissed it when I told them.  Ended up halfway down hall to check email.  Fifth visit - room was in central gathering location, I asked to change.  I was put in a corner by the stairs in the strangest shaped room.  The ceiling dropped down for part of the room and it just felt weird.  I felt uncomfortable asking to move once again.  But I couldn't see using my points on a room I wasn't happy in.  The hotel sent a lovely young woman to show me different rooms.  Viewing the second one, she said the only other rooms available would be a suite.  I then told her I was a platinum member and thought I was being upgraded.  She said she would go speak with front desk and get back with me.  She didn't return, no call, no note - and I tipped her also.  I also have not received my welcome points for 3 visits, I had to send screen shots of my account and a detailed email.  I received  5000 bonus points.  But not the welcome points 3 x 500= 1500. My actual bonus is 3500, as stated in the rules i notified hotel prior to leaving.  It states you will be compensated a cash value for the points.

So, discovering I was not upgraded  and I feel certain there has been availablity as the occupancy has been lower, not just once but five times, left waiting for an employee who never returned and the welcome points, which I can overlook - but it compounds to my experience. I am not sure if I should just accept this or how to approach.  Suggestions?  Input??

Oh, got the final bill and once again the welcome points are not listed, even though I was asked upon arrival.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Input Needed *Elite Pts Stay & Rm Upgrade
    tjcnewyork Platinum

Call the Platinum Elite or Guest Services, have the Confirmation #'s handy for all 5 nights.  The representative will call the hotel, confirm you were a guest and issue the points.  Your account should be updated in 24 hours.

After that's done, consider writing Customer.Care@marriott.com to report what you experienced and when.  Name names.  Request Bonus Points for the inconvenience of having to change rooms and the failure of the hotel to deliver a satisfying stay.

Let us know what happens.

Good luck.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

lesliepamel Platinum

When I chase my welcome points the hotel always tells me that they have been rolled up with  points from other spending. They are apparently never shown separately

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Welcome points are shown on the "thanks for staying emails" that you can sign up for.  I echo the other posts that a call to the Platinum Elite desk will normally fix any issues you might have.

Good luck!

tjcnewyork Platinum

LesliePamel

"When I chase my welcome points the hotel always tells me that they have been rolled up with  points from other spending. They are apparently never shown separately"

That is not entirely correct.  The default display for Marriott Rewards Activity online is "rolled up" and shown as "Total Earnings"

"Description" lists the name of the property.  To the left of the hotel name is a Plus Sign (+).  Click the + to view the itemized activity.

If the stay is paid or points, and points are selected at check-in,  they will show up as "Platinum Arrival Gift Bonus".

If not, call the Platinum desk.

seagrey Platinum

Phoned Rewards Line to make the inquiry - final result was 2500 points.  Felt a little frustrated at the amount of time I spent and that they contacted the hotel directly - after I had said it was only an inquiry at the time of the call, I wanted clear info prior to asking hotel directly for compensation- but I do not know standard procedure.  I am pleased with the outcome.

tjcnewyork Platinum

Seagrey

The "standard procedure" may be found here, Marriott's Core Values. Quite simply:  "the customer is always right"

Thanks for sharing your success story with us.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...