3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 15, 2009 10:16 PM by eyes_of_texas RSS

Platinum Membership

barbaracollins Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Hi

I would like to know, whether you just 'scrape' platinum membership (ie stay 75 nights) or go way past it, whether you are flagged as a more 'important' Platinum member or not?

I'm only wondering whether when I reach platinum membership for the year, to then switch to other chains to reach their higher levels of membership so when I have no control over which hotel I stay in, the experience is better in all.  Or is I concentrate on maximising my stays at Marriott and go way past the required level, does this show in the reservation system and you become a VVVVIP?

I'd be interested to know!

Thanks

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Platinum Membership
    bkramt1 Platinum

Do a search on Platinum Premier - a higher level of status recognition beyond Platinum.  It's based on unpublished criteria, including highe number of stays, higher value stays, and continued presence at Marriott year-to-year.

Also, do a search on Rollover nights - any night earned over the 75 required for Platinum will carryover to start your count for next year.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

Very good advice from bkramt1 and pingreeman.  One additional consideration...if you are a very frequent stayer at the same hotel, you likely will establish relationships with hotel employees that will get you recognized and rewarded, sometimes beyond the normal platinum elite perks.

eyes_of_texas Platinum 2 Reviews

Barbara,

My recommendation is to stay loyal to one program.  (As a Marriott stockholder and 24-year Marriott elite member I strongly suggest the prgram of choice should be Marriott Rewards.)  In addition to the other great responses (identifying Marriott's Emeritus Program et al) remember that, while earning elite status at the other brand(s) you will be forgoing the elite perks  (upgrates, bonus points, etc.) that you have already earned with Marriott.

By the way, in addition to your elite status the clerk at check-in will know 1) exactly how many nights you have earned YTD, how many points you have in the bank and the Marriott properties you have visited during the previous 30 days. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...