2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 12, 2009 4:16 PM by tjcnewyork RSS

The Shelbourne

december31 Gold
Currently Being Moderated

We stayed for 3 nights on points at the end of October and were extremely dissappointed with the staff at this hotel.  We feel that we were treated as second class citizens because we used points.  The stay was 90,000 points, which is not a small amount.  We expected to get service but there was no service.  The room location looked onto an airshaft and we had a perfect view of the linens stacked in the supply rooms.  The front desk staff told us this is the room you get when you stay on points.

The concierge was only familiar with a very limited number of things and he could not even get that information correct.  The staff was generall unfriendly.  We arrived in Dublin from spending a few nights at the Marriotts in Brussels and Ghent and last month we stayed at the Marriotts in Rome and Capri.  We had very nice accommodations at these properties even though we stayed on points at some of them.

Apart from the location there is no reason to stay at The Shelbourne.  There are very nice hotels all around The Shelbourne at lower prices with more services included, such as breakfast and wireless internet.  We recommend that you try the Dublin website for more information and a more pleasant stay at a hotel that appreciates your business.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Dublin, Ireland Renaissance Hotels The Shelbourne Dublin, A Renaissance Hotel
  • Re: The Shelbourne
    nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews
    I appreciate hearing about your bad experience so I know which places to avoid, but unfortunately I don't think Marriott management monitors this site for complaints. As others have suggested, you'll get action if you report your dissatisfaction to Marriott Customer Care. Good luck. You're right, nobody should be told that you were basically getting what you paid for since you were using points.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: The Shelbourne
    tjcnewyork Platinum

December31

As NUHusker comments, consider writing Customer.Care@Marriott.com with your Confirmation # 12345678 in the Subject line.

Describe the details and name names.  The Marriott promise is to deliver the accomodations and service that will make you feel, Relaxed, Refreshed and Re-energized when you check-out.  In my view, if a hotel fails to deliver upon that promise, the guest deserves nothing short of a total refund.

Go for it.  Get your 90,000 points back plus a bonus and good luck.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...