7 Replies Latest reply: Oct 4, 2012 5:53 PM by GemPrincess RSS

Recent Eden Roc Stay

diogenes72 Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I stayed at the Eden Roc just at the end of this summer.  The new tower is open, and they have completely redocorated the main building, lobby and all the rooms.  The results are extremely nice: the lobby is something of a classic of architectual design, and they preserved the elements that made it a great space.  I went next door while I was there to look at the re-do of the Fountainbleau, and it struck me that the reputation of the two hotels will, in my estimation, remain about the same, even with them both being remodeled: the Fountainbleau is sort of over-the-top and gaudy and the Eden Roc is the "class act."

Here's a tip for you if you don't want to pay for the expensive valet parking at the Eden Roc: you can park next door in the public lot for beach parking.  I did this and was able to get in and out with no difficulty and saved some $$$$.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Recent Eden Roc Stay
    floridatravels Platinum 9 Reviews

If you havent stayed at the Eden Roc in  Miami Beach you are missing out on one of the best Marriott Properties in the system.  I stay here on business every chance i get and love the place. The views of the ocean, great boardwalk for exercising, wonderful spa, pools ever where, and the 1500 restaurant and bars are great.  The staff is always friendly, I always get wonderful upgraded rooms as a MR- P.P., love the rooms and appreciate that rooms have small refrigerators so i can bring some fresh fruit and snacks if I want. At my last stay at Turnberry they  wanted to charge me $35 for a small frig- i wen to store nearby and bought a small sytrofoam cooler, thank-you very much!!  So thank you Eden Roc for taking care of your guests and especially MR members!!  I cant wait to return!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

ao Platinum 2 Reviews

I agree - I typically stay at the JW Marriott Marquis in Brickell/Downtown area, but the Eden Roc is a wonderful escape and I am starting to head that way when logistics allow for it.

missgee Silver 40 Reviews

We had the most amazing rooms at Eden Roc.  This is an absolutely gorgeous property.

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

I'm overdue for a trip to South Florida!  Thanks for letting us know about your visit to Eden Roc.  I stayed near the property once ten years ago before it was part of the Marriott family.  I've been curious about it since it has been renovated and now part of Marriott.

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

Thanks for this timely report as I am going to Miami in Dec. Will have to check this out!

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

we stayed at Eden Roc several years ago and it was fabulous.  On a recent trip we drove down to South Beach one evening and took a quick glimpse of Eden Roc and noticed the new tower which wasn't there 6 or 7 years ago.  It's on our list of places to stay again.  Thanks for the trip report.

GemPrincess Alumni Steward Platinum 17 Reviews

Thanx for the update on Eden Roc post rennovation.

As one of my favorite hotels, its reassurring they didn't break anything, and hopefully improved things (if that is possible as its a near perfect property already).

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...