7 Replies Latest reply: Nov 24, 2009 10:00 AM by tjcnewyork RSS

Adding MR# to Interval Exchange

ecivdhc Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

For several months I have been reading the information on getting status credit for the number of nights in my MVCI stays when  booked directly or through exchange with Interval.  When I book a MVCI stay at my home resort through the Vactaion Club, my Marriott Rewards number automatically is paired with my reservation and it shows up in my Marriott Upcoming Reservations folder.

When I go through Interval my MR#, of course, is not paired with my reservation automatically.  I called the Marriott Desk at Interval and was told there was no way to add a MR# to any reservation through Interval.  I mentioned that this forum had talked about status credit for MCVI stays and the person was clueless.  They offered to call Marriott Customer Service, which they did and we all had a very pleasant, but frustrating, 3-way discussion where both the Interval person and the Marriott person said that it was impossible to add a MR# to an Interval Reseravtion.

I finally was able to contact someone at the Marriott Vacation Club property we are staying at and the property was able to add My MR# themselves.  However, you have to find the right person (the front desk couldn't seem to do it) and it took a lot of time.

Is there a simpler way to do this?  How do I get credit for an Interval stay if you can't add the MR#?  OK the hotel can, but I would like to have the information in advance since I often combine weeks or paid stays with MVCI stays and knowing I have Platinum status seems to make the process of keeping the same room easier.

Thanks for any suggestions

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Adding MR# to Interval Exchange
    mnnice Platinum

I tried the following once & it worked for me.

There should be a Marriott reservation number associated with the II reservation after the exchange is made. You can look it up on the Marriott site with that number & your last name. Somewhere on that site you can add your number to the reservation and it will show up. Worst case is to give the fron desk your number when you check in. Your stay will be credited that way also.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

retired Platinum

Ecivdhc

I had the same problem with my II exchange, all I had to do was call Marriott customer care and they took my reservation number and then added my MR number to it. It took about two minutes on the phone. The reservation then appeared in my upcoming reservations. The nice thing about it showing up in your upcoming reservations is it will show you what view you will receive for your exchange stay.

tjcnewyork Platinum

Greetings ecivdhc

I feel exhausted reading about the hoops you jumped through. Thanks for coming to Insiders, it's really very simple.  On your Interval International Confirmation Certificate locate the 8-digit 'Reservation Number' and confirmed guest 'Last Name'.  To add this reservation to your Marriott Account-Upcoming Reservations list, there are two easy options:

• Call Elite Reservations @ 1-800-399-4229 (US).  You'll need to have your Marriott Rewards number handy.  Give the reservations agent the Reservation Number shown on the II Confirmation Certificate and request addition of your Marriott Rewards number.  Done!
    • Online, log-in to your Marriott Rewards Account.  Click Upcoming Reservations. Scroll to "Find a Reservation" on the right side.  Enter the 8-digit Reservation Number into the box labeled 'Confirmation number'. Enter the Last Name. It's fairly intuitive from there.

That's it!

ecivdhc Platinum

Thanks to all.  It's interesting how something so simple can get missed by me and cannot be explained or done by some Marriott Customer Care representatives.  After trying this a few minutesw ago, I learned I was not able to do it on-line. When I tried, I got a message saying that this needed to be done by calling Marriott Reservations.

golfer2 Platinum

No real problem. When you check in at the timeshare, just give them your Marriott # to add to the reservation. If you are Platinum then you get 500 welcome points too. The credit will show up a few days after you check out. No need to hassle with Interval on this issue.

pwrshift Platinum 8 Reviews

I think you would also be wise to purchase some things at the Timeshare and charge it to your room, after making sure the front desk enters your MR number.  If there are no charges to your week you might not get credit for the stays.

tjcnewyork Platinum

This information is potentially misleading:

"I think you would also be wise to purchase some things at the Timeshare and charge it to your room, after making sure the front desk enters your MR number.  If there are no charges to your week you might not get credit for the stays."

With a valid Marriott Rewards ID entered at check-in, credit for Elite Qualifying Nights (EQN) at an MVC timeshare resort is not dependent upon purchases. The key to receiving credit for Elite Qualifying Nights at Marriott Vacation Club is having your Marriott Rewards ID linked to your Reservation.  This applies if the MVC owner is staying at his/her home resort or on an exchange through Interval International.  No purchase is required.

Consistent with Marriott Rewards Terms & Conditions, credit for Elite Qualifying Nights is not given for nights at MVC when redeeming points.  If an MVC owner is combining a stay at his/her home resort or on exchange with Interval and extending using Rewards points, then credit for EQN is only given for the 'deeded' nights portion of the stay.