8 Replies Latest reply: Sep 22, 2015 7:11 AM by pingreeman RSS

True Benefits of Lifetime Platnium

bigred Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

After 40+ years have achieved lifetime platinum. Besides not having to chase 75 nights what else in terms of benefits are involved-any thing? Do you think "Arne" or Arnold could throw another free night my way?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: True Benefits of Lifetime Platnium
    brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

The benefit of Lifetime Platinum is that you don't have to stay 75 nights every year to remain platinum. In my view a REALLY substantial reward.

Over my 10 years as a MR member, I've accumulated 600 lifetime nights, been platinum for 5 of them and Gold for 3. Yet I've only stayed about 370 nights at Marriotts and only made the nights for Platinum twice, the rest have come from rollovers, a renewal offer, and a fulfilled plat challenge, together with the right credit card. I find it tough most years to make the numbers for Gold, as a 99% FS stayer, that's the status I long decided I would never want to slip below. Last year I broke through the 500 nights and 1.6mill points barrier meaning I never need to chase the nights and that's great. Eventually lifetime Plat will make its way over.

The points of lifetime is that it's lifetime. Marriott was the first of the chains to bring it in and although SPG has followed, and HH has brought in a very tough criteria recently too, I think the Marriott lifetime program is the clearest and simplest.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Great insight! Thank you, brightlybob!!

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

Bob I agree with you . I made lifetime Platinum a couple of years ago which luckily was about the time I stopped traveling 75 nights per year. Marriott  does provide a lot of ways to get both nights and points. they in my view have been very generous with ways to get to lifetime,

stelzer001 Platinum 2 Reviews

JerryL: I made lifetime 3 years ago, and I am still working and not slowing down, have 72 nights so far this year and should have about 90 by end of year, and that's just Marriott. I have stays at other chains and spots that probably add to 150+ nights with BIBOTMO (Butt in Bed, Other Than my Own). I seem to re qualify for Plat every year and I still have 10+ years of work ahead of me. My wife and kids think its really funny that I can sleep anywhere and in almost any position, that's what I get for year after year of so many BIBOTMO!

moonflower Platinum 13 Reviews

Agree absolutely and I'm hot on your heels for the same status. Well done.

702rugbyref Platinum

I am jealous you achieved this hiostoric milestone and congrats but at teh same time 40 years of hotels would be daunting!

LuckyCharm$ Gold

Congrats! & 40+ years....WOW!

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

This is terrible of me to post on MRI, but since I earned LTP several years ago (not to mention I quit Marriott once they took away the free coffee), I now can pursue Diamond at HH or SPG (which I have for both). I still have over 800K MR points but have 1.8M HH - which can be used to guarantee suite upgrades (reason #2 for quitting Marriott).

I know some will argue that MR points are more valuable that HH points - and I have even done several analyses on MR which PROVES MR points are more valuable. But I earn points so fast that I can never spend them as fast as I earn them. I am more likely to lose greater value when the categories get shifted each year or if/when the number of points for a stay is increased that the rather small difference in "pure value" of MR vs HH points.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...