10 Replies Latest reply: Sep 18, 2015 11:49 AM by LuckyCharm$ RSS

Status

pikey Silver
Currently Being Moderated

I am currently a diamond member with Hilton, a gold member with Holiday Inn and a Silver Elite with Marriott. I recently started a new job and travel

internationally quite often. I would like to switch over to Marriott as the member benefits and the hotel selections just seem better.  Is the Taste of Gold

challenge still available to cover me off while transition to Mariott

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Status
    702rugbyref Platinum

Need to check with MR customer service and see what they have to offer. good luck!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

Although Marriott doesn't officially status match, as a Diamond with Hilton and assuming you have a good diary of stays coming up, Marriott may do so for you. Call CS and ask for a Platinum status match. If refused they'll most likely offer you a challenge. These come in 4 flavours:

1. Road to Gold. Stay 6 times in 3 months, Gold valid till 2017 is given on completion

2. Road to Platinum. Stay 9 times in 3 months, Plat valid till 2017 is given on completion

3. Taste of Gold. Same as the road but temporary Gold is awarded immediately

4. Taste of Platinum. Same as the road but temporary Plat is awarded immediately

If they don't offer your preferred choice, ask for it. MR CS are very co-operative.

Note that these challenges are stay dependant. This is unusual as Marriott Elite levels are night dependent, unlike HH Marriott does not offer a stay alternative for requalification. You'll also need to get used to earning a lot less points per folio than Hilton, though those MR points are much more valuable!

pikey Silver

Thanks Bob. Appreciate the help.

LuckyCharm$ Gold

I'm currently doing Road to Gold and have to make 2 more stays by the end of October. Good Luck! pikey

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Welcome to the Insiders Community, pikey!  As you may have already seen, this is a great forum to share your travel experiences and recommendations.  Be careful though, your bucket list may grow   My name is Cara, carat, and I am one of the moderators here along with deannad and lindseyh.   If you ever have any questions or comment, please feel free to reach out to any of us.  I have included the link for our Getting Started Guide below, if you'd like to take a look.

Getting Started Guide

In regards to your post, brightlybob is right on the money.  However, these challenges are dependent on your current status.  You are only eligible to participate in a challenge that is one level higher than your current status.

If you would like, I can take a deeper look into this for you and see what challenge would work best.  Just let me know.

pikey Silver

THanks Carat. I would appreciate that.

kind regards

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

You got it, pikey!! I'll let you know what I find out. 

deannad Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi pikey,

I'm working with carat and our team on this and they have informed us that Marriott no longer has Taste of Gold, but they have an Elite Gold Challenge offer.  If you are enrolled, you will need to complete six separate paid stays by December 31 in order to be raised up to Gold Elite status. Please let us know if you would like us to enroll you in this challenge and we will have our team take care of that for you. Thanks!

pikey Silver

Thanks for the follow up. That was my fear. I don't have 6 stays before the end of the year. Most of my travel is Jan-June. My concern was whether or not there was a program to help cover gold level benefits during the period that I try to transition from Hilton to Marriott. Looks like there isn't. Thanks for checking Though.

deannad Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

You're very welcome!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...