2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 15, 2015 5:44 PM by 702rugbyref RSS

Renaissance Seattle

tashi Gold
Currently Being Moderated

I decided to take my father on an Alaskan cruise and booked this for the night before.  I am new to the rewards program so I don't understand a lot about redemption on points and rates but when I looked online this hotel offered me the ability to redeem my points and also a special members rate for the weekend.  It was an additional little tab when I looked at rates over to the right which was much lower than the regular rate. 

Check in:  Staff was wonderful.  They were not aware I needed a room with double beds but quickly switched me.  The guy was confused about the rate I booked as it included breakfast and WiFi but I already got that since I was a gold member.  On arrival to my room it was obvious someone had been in there as the beds were rumbled and a half bottle of water left on the counter.  I called the front desk and they almost had a heart attack.  They offered to upgrade me to a suite or something really nice but they didn't have any with double beds so I politely declined and they put me in another room with double beds.  They were very kind and apologetic. 

Rooms:  The rooms were standard with Marriott bedding which is why I like Marriotts.

Lounge:  Great views and nice little Starbucks machine for my morning coffee and WSJ.

Random Notes:  Did Marriott buy out an Onyx quarry or what.  I love natural stones and onyx and have seen some beautiful examples at variois Marriott properties.  Just want someone to know it's wonderful and I love it!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Seattle, Washington, USA
  • Re: Renaissance Seattle
    deannad Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Thank you so much for posting tashi! Feedback on stays are always appreciated, and we're glad you had a great experience

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Renaissance Seattle
    702rugbyref Platinum

Sorry for the negative experience and we just had a blog a few weeks ago about being given a room that was already occupied...shame on them.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...