6 Replies Latest reply: Sep 16, 2015 9:59 AM by hibbarme RSS

changes to rewards travel mid-trip?

hibbarme Gold
Currently Being Moderated

After redeeming points for travel to Hawaii, I am currently on leg 1 of my trip in Kauai and the weather is just awful.  Leg 2 is on Maui. Wondering if there is any way to try and move to Maui early?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: changes to rewards travel mid-trip?
    deannad Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi hibbarme,

We'd be happy to check with our team to see if they can accommodate your request. Please send me a private message with your Rewards number and contact info, along with the hotels you are staying at / reservation numbers. Thanks!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

hibbarme Gold

Hi Deanna - I am having trouble sending you a direct message. Each time I hit send, I get a red bar that just says "Close" and then it doesn't look like the message send. (However, if you just got like 20 messages from me...Apologies!)

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

One could always call the hotel or look online to see if the property has Reward space available early on Maui.

702rugbyref Platinum

Try calling the hotels direct.

hibbarme Gold

I called Rewards Customer Service but they were closed for the day so was not able to talk to anyone. The hotels say I have to call them - they can't help me. deannad, I tried to DM you but I keep getting a red bar and a circle with an error through it...If you have another way of sending you a message with my info and reservation details, please let me know and I'll send right away!

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

Changing an itinerary like that is by no means simple and I'd say this is all in the hotels hands here. You may have to accept that you'll have to pay for the room in Maui if no rewards rooms are available for your extra nights.

So, firstly find out if Maui has rooms available, and if it's a rewards room, do that on the website, if not you need to decide if it's worth paying. Once you've decided you want to go ahead then call down to reception at Kaui asking to see the manager in half an hour as your plans mean you may need to leave early. Then call MauI asking them to block you out a room while you arrange the Kaui end. Now speak to the manager at Kaui, is he prepared to refund the points from the unused nights? If not, can another arrangement be made, such as using the untaken nights as some kind of cash credit against any incidental bill due! beware it won't be much. Once you've agreed terms at Kaui then rung up Maui to confirm your blocked room.

I doubt Marriott HQ or Customer Services would get involved here to any meaningful expect since this depends on the franchisees and their decisions, you'll be relying on Kaui and (to a lesser extent) Maui discretion.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...