2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 22, 2015 6:50 AM by pingreeman RSS

Lifetime Platnium Rewards-What Else Besides Not Chasing the 75 Nights?

bigred Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Thank you to one and all for the various comments and congratulations on my achieving lifetime platinum status. As I asked yesterday, what else does one benefit from this achievement except to not have to chase the 75 nights each year. As one gets older and slowes down and doesn't travel as much the thought of not having to chase the nights does have it's appeal. Yesterday I contacted parties inside the Rewards program that I have befriended over the years. They confirmed and truly sympathisized with me that there should be more to this achievement then just not having to chase nights. Some one gave me 25,000 points to my account to mark the occasion.

My business/marketing mind took over and I suggested to them at their next "meeting" with management that they suggest the following:(hopefully "Arne" or Arnold as we use to call him on the playground will listen and hear the idea) On the anniversary of the achievement of becoming lifetime platinum you are awarded a free night each year that can also be saved or rolled over. The night should be at least good for a category five location and can be added to in terms of payment if one wants a higher category. The "payment" for the one night could be in points added to your account-some thing already being done-or a certificate issued to your account-something already being done. Any business innovation that can be implemented without substantial investment has got to be attractive to a company. Both methods of payment would qualify as the means are already in place.

Would "JW" turn over in his grave-NO-he would understand the value of the pay off and show his generosity for the loyalty shown over the years by some one like me and others.

Hopefully the "administrator" will allow this discussion to happen by "publishing" this suggestion.

So, to sum up, if you make lifetime platinum you get a credit card in the mail you can show to prove you have this rank, you can forget about chasing nights and all the other platinum benefits some of us are use to getting in the first place.

If you like the idea let's hear from you.......BIG RED

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Marina Del Rey, California, USA The Ritz-Carlton The Ritz-Carlton, Marina del Rey
  • Re: Lifetime Platnium Rewards-What Else Besides Not Chasing the 75 Nights?
    ssindc Platinum 42 Reviews

25,000 points for being disappointed (about a achieving an arbitrarily established threshold that was significantly lowered a couple/few years back and gaining a status that, indefinitely, potentially sustains the quality of your travel experience)!!!  Wow - seems like a happy ending to me!!!

Hmmmm... I wonder...  Yeah, I wonder if all Lifetime Platinums, or maybe all Lifetime Platinums who are also Marriott Insiders, will wake up tomorrow with an extra 25,000 points in their account.

Nah, probably not...

So there's got to be a lesson here.... Hmmm, let's see: "The squeaky wheel gets the grease..."  Yeah, that's it.

My guess is that's not the message Marriott wants to send (as a general rule), but, hey, it's incredibly helpful to know....  I expect that NathalieF and the team are making a note of this.

I, for one, can't wait to read pingreeman's analysis of this one!!!

Thanks for sharing....  Just another example of learning something new on Marriott Insiders!!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Lifetime Platnium Rewards-What Else Besides Not Chasing the 75 Nights?
      pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

Probably the best perk would be to match the PP United Gold. As a LTP (and formerly 9-years in a row PP), there is so little difference in PP vs LTP that I am glad I am not chasing points anymore. In much older posts, I continuously argued against making status tiers easier to obtain - including LTP. "Dilution of status" was consistently my theme and with dilution of status (or conversely) with more members making higher status, it now would cost Marriott WAY TOO MUCH to reward LTP with any perks. Thus, I do not expect any whatsoever.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...