2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 5, 2009 2:36 PM by anadyr RSS

Affinity Limits

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

This article speculates that the new restrictions imposed on credit card companies by legislation passed earlier this year will have a negative effect on not only the continuation of these programs, but on loyalty programs in their totality. Sure hope that the author is wrong--there are not a lot of data used to back this up in the article.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Affinity Limits
    tjcnewyork Platinum

Here's a different spin.  The author of this article asserts that it is the economy and not legislation that will be the contributing factor.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Affinity Limits
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
    Interestingt TJ, we shall see. I think we should all be grateful for the current state of things, for someday this might be considered the "good old days." My COSTCO business AMEX for example revised their formerly very generous allowances -- five percent on gasoline with no limit--to four percent on a limited amount per month. And so it goes: actuaries and accountants certainly scour the balance sheets to determine what is working and what is not. We are at their mercy, but it never hurts to speak loudly and clearly about what's happening, in my humble opinion

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...