20 Replies Latest reply: Sep 17, 2015 1:20 AM by kharada46 RSS

Insiders meet in Honolulu

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

As promised in the discussion Hawaiian Itinerary set (HNL-KOA-OGG) here is the first picture of the trip.

insiders_HI.jpg

bejacob and kharada46 with their better halves after enjoying a lovely dinner at the Yard House in Waikiki.

This meeting took place on the 2nd night of a 10-day visit to Hawaii. One of the great things about Insider get togethers is that we're already friends before we ever meet face to face.

2015 has been a great year for me to meet members of this community. I've visited with pluto77, foxglove, brightlybob, and now kharada46. I look forward to more Insider meet-ups in 2016.

As I go through the rest of my Hawaii photos, I'll get a few more posted along with appropriate commentary.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Waikiki - Oahu, Hawaii, USA
  • Re: Insiders meet in Honolulu
    foxglove Silver 3 Reviews

Smart-looking group. Okay, meeting with the kharada46's, I gotta know: What was the menu? I know it had to be delicious!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

clebert Platinum 21 Reviews

My favorite at the Yard House is the vampire tacos.  Highly recommended!  They are better than the fish tacos which is my usual standard order anywhere I can find them

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Yay, Insiders at it's finest!! I'm sure you all had plenty to talk about!!

I second that, foxglove. Do tell us more, bejacob!

annew20 Gold

Good Food, Good Friends, Good Times!!

It sounds like you had a wonderful trip & can't wait to see more pics!  I like reading your's & Kharada's great tips & travels!

77paris Platinum 17 Reviews

How delightful!  Looking forward to hearing about your trip….thanks for sharing.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

bejacob & kharada46,

Wonderful picture and report!

Congratulations on the "Get together"!

Keep us informed, and I am sure most people "Wish we could join you both", I know I sure do!

Aloha!

clebert Platinum 21 Reviews

Fun times!  Thanks for posting. 

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

So great to see Insider's meeting up and having fun! 

Hope your enjoying Hawaii!

kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews

It was a great time for sure!  Looking forward to meeting up with you guys again!  Perhaps we can go bug erc 

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Now that's a trip we should all take, knocking on the door of erc's joint and all yelling out SURPRISE when he opens the door.

Looks like a wonderful time was had by all and as usual smiling faces all around.  Great that you guys go to connect and enjoy some time visiting, but the real question is who had the best "prescribed meds"?

IAHFLYR, would have to be bejacob because the wife & I had none that night. 

But that Saturday I did have this winner!

IMG_5356.jpg

P&L Sour - P&L single barrel Knob Creek Whiskey, lime, apricot, tamarind

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

kharada46,

Great photo of "The Breakfast of Champions"!

The day goes "Downhill" after a "Pick-me-up" like that drink!

jerrycoin, well thank goodness this pharmacy doesn't open till lunch then

Dang kharada46, you stepped out large with the Knob......nicely done!

Yup!  Believe it or not, IAHFLYR, this was my first whiskey cocktail, and now I'm hooked!

foxglove Silver 3 Reviews

I'm diggin' that drinkin' vessel, too. "Beyond the still -- Mason jars: They're not just for moonshine and hillbillies anymore."

Oh yeah foxglove, especially here.  It's a huge fad now to go and get a Mason Jar lemonade from a slew of different vendors at the farmers markets.  There's even a bunch of other restaurants that use Mason Jars with and without handles for their drinks. 

702rugbyref Platinum

Outstanding as always...good stories I am sure.

LuckyCharm$ Gold

This is beautiful!