9 Replies Latest reply: Sep 16, 2015 10:21 PM by bejacob RSS

Wrong request for hotel review!

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

There has been a lot of discussion about hotel reviews because it appears that Insiders are not chosen very often to review Marriott properties.  I recently received a request to review a Holiday Inn Express in Gunnison, Colorado for a Labor Day stay.  I haven't been in Colorado in over 20 years and would have stayed in a Marriott if there was one in Gunnison.   I checked immediately to see if I had been charged for the stay, but I had not been.  I wonder why I got the request?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Wrong request for hotel review!
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Possibly Marriott is paying Holiday Inn to give surveys to Marriott Reward members so we will stop complaining about not getting hotel reviews here on Insiders?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Platinum 28 Reviews

razorbackfan

Can we assume you do not have a secret life and Marriott is exposing it!!

702rugbyref Platinum

I got a similar request from a Comfort Suites in San Diego in June...while I was staying at a CY on Hotel Circle...someone actually 'checked in' at the Seaworld CS and used my name and credit card (4 rooms no less!)...yes fraudulently of course. I only found out the next day as I had a notifier on my credit card for large purchases and a survey regarding my stay. I don't think I need to tell y'all I contacted the hotel AFTER I contacted my CC company (Capital One) and reported the fraud as the hotel was absolutely adamant that I had checked in. When I confronted demanding my signature and video proof it was me, they backed down but only after I stayed on them.

I have been watching our credit card account closely, but there hasn't been any fraudulent activity.  I did get another email from IHG saying "Welcome Back" and offering bonus points.  I don't know what to think about this situation.

pluto77 Alumni Steward Platinum 25 Reviews

Do you have a loyalty account with IHG?  If so, did you check your account to see if you received stay credit or worse, if points were deducted?

I didn't think I did, but the 2nd email did have an account number.  I do not know the password.  I will have to explore that.  If I did have some points, it could not have been many.

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

Sounds like you got a bogus survey which someone hoped to get some personal info from you. Most likely a phishing scam.

I recently did get asked by Marriott to review my stay at the Columbus Airport Marriott. I was in Hawaii when the email came in, so I ignored it for a few days. They sent a second request so I took a few minutes out of my trip to complete the survey.

It's already up on the hotel site. Here's what it looks like.

CMH.PNG

I think this is only the third survey I have received out of a couple dozen stays. I'd like to see them come in more often. Because they are relatively rare, I try to complete all of the ones I do receive.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...