9 Replies Latest reply: Sep 16, 2015 12:08 PM by missgee RSS

No Breakfast for Gold at Renaissance St. Croix

sagsal Silver
Currently Being Moderated

I am a bit confused - I have Gold status and am planning to take my family to the Renaissance Carambola for a week - however they told me that even though I am gold I cannot receive a free breakfast

I thought with Gold it was automatic - even if there isn't a lounge

Any thoughts or advice would be helpful

Thanks

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: No Breakfast for Gold at Renaissance St. Croix
    carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Good Morning, sagsal.  I'd love to take a look into this.  I'm going to reach out to our team for clarity and will keep you in the loop. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

sagsal Silver

Much appreciated!

joshm Member

Hello sagsal,

carat researched this for you and was able to confirm that Guidedog613's response is correct (thanks Guide dog ), Resorts do not offer free breakfast to Rewards members.

We appreciate you reaching out and hope this helps clarify.

guidedog613 Platinum 6 Reviews

IT has always been my understanding that Resorts do not fall into this category of offering free breakfasts to Gold and Plats....this link may clarify

Marriott Rewards Free Breakfast | Marriott Rewards Member Benefits

missgee Silver 40 Reviews

Unfortunately the Insiders reviews have been removed from this site, otherwise you'd be able to read the review of St Croix Carambola that I put a lot of thought into when I wrote it.  It is a beautiful property and the food is nice.  Unfortunately, it is quite secluded so there aren't many options.  I can confirm that you won't receive free breakfast, but you'll be so relaxed you won't even care.  I would go back in a flash.  Enjoy!

Oh.  Just in case you were wondering.  My status shows Silver but I was Platinum for a number of years.  Now I just travel with my husband, who is also Platinum.

sagsal Silver

I appreciate you getting back to me

My kids are ages 5-11 and love just chilling and swimming with some exploration - would you say that the Renaissance is appropriate for that?

Thanks again for the advice

It is a very remote and quiet property.  Not really kid-oriented, but definitely geared toward those who enjoy scuba-diving and snorkelling.  If I was that age I would love it.  They sound like the kind of children who would love it too.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...