4 Replies Latest reply: Sep 18, 2015 5:15 PM by travelagent16 RSS

Variances in MegaBonus promotion for Platinum Premier

mr.rao Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I have been staying at Marriott for many years now and have maintained Platinum Premier status for more than few years. I have noticed over recent years that Marriott's MegaBonus promotions varies from Account to Account and is more targeted towards getting more Customer to stay at Marriott.

Few of my friends who stays less have got better Mega Bonus promotion. I have also noticed that friends who do challenge to start staying at Marriott got Platinum status along with better MegaBonus promotion. I feel that the strategy used by Marriott to get people stay more at marriott for new or less staying Member, good for Business however it shouldn't be at cost of their most loyal Platinum Premier members. They should give the most loyal customer better or at the very least same level of Promotion to make points. The current strategy makes me want to stay less and maintain lower level to get better promotion.

Question : Do you agree with Marriott strategy to give better promotion to other members and not their most loyal one (Platinum Premier)?

Attached is the screenshot of my account with no Fall MegaBonus promotion for 2015.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Variances in MegaBonus promotion for Platinum Premier
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

mr.rao,

Sadly, you are correct! 

There seems to be some real "Inconsistency", in the program.

Having been a member for over 30 years, we have lost way to many wonderful "Contributors", that have really left a "Void" for whatever reasons.

Hope we can see some "Appreciation" for the many customers who have supported the program and company for a long time.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

KatieC Member

Thanks for sharing your feedback, mr.rao and jerrycoin. We'll make sure the right team sees it.

boomer Platinum

I experienced the same which is very disappointing as well as I stay almost exclusively at Marriott brand properties even when attending a conference being held at a competing hotel.  I sent an email to MR Customer Service.  Hopefully they make it right especially where I have a busy 2 months of travel coming up. 

travelagent16 Gold

I hope Platinum advantages are worth  it!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...