5 Replies Latest reply: Sep 8, 2015 1:53 PM by mr.rao RSS

Share your opinion - MegaBonus variance for Platinum Premier members fair / unfair ?

mr.rao Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I have been Marriott member since many many years and stay over 100 nights every year at Marriott. I have been at Platinum Premier member for couple of years and have noticed that the targeted MegaBonus promotion varies for account to account. Most of my friends stay less than me and got better Mega Bonus promotions this year. There are also instances where friends switching over from other Brands got challenge offer along with better Mega Bonus program.

It is obvious that Marriott wants to get more business by promoting people who stays less. However I don't feel that the strategy of not offering same kind of promotion to their highest level of Loyal member is fair at all. They should treat the most loyal customer with highest integrity. The way promotions and in particular MegaBonus works, It almost forces you to stay at other non-marriott location and maintain a lower Platinum status than the Platinum Premier.

Here is the screen shot of my account with no Fall promotion and I am Platinum Premier member.

Screen Shot 2015-09-04 at 10.41.20 PM.png

Question is : Is it fair for Marriott to have their strategy around getting more customer and not treating the most loyal customer with same level of integrity?  Is it fair or unfair?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...