6 Replies Latest reply: Sep 9, 2015 5:11 AM by kharada46 RSS

Outstanding service - Waikiki Beach Marriott

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Alyssa T. at the Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort and Spa has the Spirit to Serve and is deserving on recognition. Aside from her pleasant demeanor, she demonstrated a desire to provide customer service above and beyond the norm.

Marriott Rewards Elite members are entitle to one free breakfast per day (there is no CL at this property) as part of the benefits tied to the resort fee. On our first morning here, we did not take advantage of this and I asked if we might be able to have two breakfasts the following day (two of us were staying at the hotel).Normally guests are limited to one free breakfast each day, but Alyssa agreed to provide an additional voucher for another breakfast in light of the fact that we had not used the first one. She also provided a couple additional Mai tai coupons (above the two per stay that are included with the resort fee) and gave me a couple complimentary chocolates (a nice touch).

Simply put, I made what I considered a minor request and Alyssa not only was able to accommodate what I wanted but added a few extras to, as she put it, "value our Platinum Elite guests." Those small touches made me feel that Alyssa, and by association Marriott, truly cared about keeping my loyalty.

Marriott needs more associates like Alyssa. I hope her example is recognized with a "Spirit to Serve" award. She deserves it.

• Re: Outstanding service - Waikiki Beach Marriott
    kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews

Glad to hear you're having such a great experience at the Waikiki Beach Marriott.  I firmly believe that property has some of the best staff in the state, though it's hard to beat the incredible service at the Hotel Review: Courtyard King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel - Kailua Kona, Hawaii

Hope the amazing experience you've had so far continues throughout the rest of your trip!  And it was a great pleasure to finally meet you in person!  Hope we can meet up again soon! 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

deannad Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

SO happy to hear Alyssa at the Waikiki Beach Marriott was able to make your stay even better bejacob !

Glad to hear your Hawaiian trip is going well

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

gm1 Gold 1 Reviews

I am happy to hear that you are having an excellent stay at the Waikiki Marriott.  I have stayed at the property on two previous occasions and will spend a few nights there in both October and April.  I have thoroughly enjoyed my previous stays at the property and its good to hear that customer service is still a priority. 

laurac Marriott Associate

Greetings, bejacob, On behalf of Marriott associates around the world, we take pride in providing exceptional service for each and every guest and we appreciate you taking the time to nominate this Marriott associate for this important award. We’ll enter this nomination for consideration of the Spirit to Serve award.