13 Replies Latest reply: Nov 10, 2015 12:51 PM by tm2015 RSS

What Was Your Labor Day Feast?

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Well it's now the day after Labor Day so thought of it as a good time to learn what other Insiders feasted on for the holiday?

The IAHFLYR household got out the small charcoal grill and turned it into a mini smoker.  I got the temperature to 230 degrees and tossed some Pecan chips on the fire.

First on was a lone Pork Chop we had in the freezer and after thawing it rubbed it with a Tangy Mustard Sauce.  After 90 minutes I then put a small piece of Atlantic Salmon in the mini smoker.  Since Atlantic Salmon is a little more moist than Wild Sockeye, King, Copper River or other tasty Salmon from the Great Northwest Pacific waters we smoke the Atlantic.  Our favorite is Pacific Salmon over Atlantic Salmon when grilling or putting it on a Cedar Plank, but Atlantic smokes very well.  Of course a slightly smoked piece of Pineapple is always good to enjoy with Pork.

20150906_164823.jpeg

While I was playing outside with the grill Mrs. IAH was finishing off some Northern Beans in the Crock Pot that had been cooking low and slow for eight hours.  She mixed the beans with an Onion, Carrots, and a few Spices......WOW were they good.  It was her very first attempt at following a recipe from start to finish as she normally gives up on it and goes by taste (a shake of this and a shake of that), they turned out awesome.

20150906_164912.jpeg

After the Pork and Salmon were resting I got some Boudin out and used the remaining fire to put some smoke on it, yummy and it was eaten long before I could get the camera out.

A fun quiet day at home was enjoyed, so what's your story?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: What Was Your Labor Day Feast?
    foxglove Silver 3 Reviews

Great grill-meisters think (and post) alike. This was our main course:

Labor Day Canoe-B-Q shakedown cruise

Love that smoky goodness!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

702rugbyref Platinum

Very nice and tempting...Stuck with BBQ chicken, ribs and special meatballs.

BBQ1.JPG

deannad Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

That's quite the grill- and quite the spread!! Looks so good! I love posts like this!

deannad Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Oh a grill and a crock pot- what a perfect mix for getting into the fall spirit! That salmon looks divine, and those beans!! YUMM! Drooling at the computer now... thanks!

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

Yummy!!

We had "Feast."  Yep, that's simply what it's called - Feast.

My little grandkids think it's the coolest thing to be able to eat sans plates and silverware.

IMG_0168.JPG

The next morning, we made a Crab Quiche with the leftover Crab

FullSizeRender.jpg

And then later, a Crab Cheeseball!

IMG_0172.JPG

foxglove Silver 3 Reviews

Feast, indeed! A utensil-less seafood frenzy -- now that's good eatin'.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Looks to me like everyone had a grand ole time for sure, pluto77 me thinks you stole the show here with that offering of goodies!!

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

I can't take any credit for it (except for the freezer paper that was rolled out on the table. )  Our daughters did it all.

KatieC Member

This looks incredible! Love the idea of having everything spread out on paper...

fschumpert Platinum 22 Reviews

My wife (right in yellow) and I invited our neighbors over for dinner Labor Day. Everyone brought something:  I cooked seasoned pork ribs in oven for three hours, then finished them off on outside grill with favorite barbecue sauce; others prepared deviled eggs, cold slaw, baked potatoes, and we topped off the meal with a fresh, deep-dish, peach cobbler, with vanilla ice cream. Had a few ribs left over for dinner the day after.

IMG_2150 (1).JPG

KatieC Member

While my hubby is a grillmaster, we had a big party over the weekend and he wanted to relax. So, we went with these monster sandwiches from the best place in town...there were no leftovers. IMG_3684.JPG

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

It was my birthday week-end (and yes, I got an email from Marriott wishing me a Happy Birthday and my bonus night's credit), so we ate lunch out Saturday, Sunday, and Monday.  No cooking or clean-up for me.

tm2015 Gold

buI get the emails, but I get a lot, in other words you answer them?  

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...